Only in America.

Kirkendall

Some people in this country need to find the tallest building and...................

TRENTON, N.J. -- Baseball fans can sue if they're hit by foul balls in the concession areas of New Jersey's minor league parks.

An appeals court said a Newark man who was hit in the face while buying a beer at Newark's Riverfront Stadium can sue the Newark Bears and the owners of the food service company.

The panel ruled that spectators assume some risk of foul balls flying into the stands. However, the judges said fans in concession areas have greater protection because they can "let down their guard." 

An attorney for the food service company may appeal the ruling.

You have got to be kidding....And think the laywers that do the suing may very well have one of their mates as vice president....It's just disgusting. You know it's just insane the way americans can sue over anything these days. We are the lauging stock of the world when it comes to this sort of thing. It's insane.

You have got to be kidding....And think the laywers that do the suing may very well have one of their mates as vice president....It's just disgusting. You know it's just insane the way americans can sue over anything these days. We are the lauging stock of the world when it comes to this sort of thing. It's insane.

Agreed.

No offense Ed, but sometimes I think some lawyers can really run along the slimy side of life. This is rediculous. It seems there isn't a set of checks and balances amongst the legal profession.

Nor the medical profession either for that matter. Perhaps that's why they are constantly at each others throats.

Billy - The lawyers can sue those that actually tell them they are wrong morally of what they are doing. The doctors can purchase the lawyers services also......

Anyway, I'm sure Ed didn't take offense. Lawyers DO provide a good defense with a hectic American society, that's for certain. There's a few bad apples in the bunch that ruin a lot of things such as the perception of lawyers. But they do provide a good service for the most part (considering the many thousands of lawyers in America, we only here about a select few).

I can relate easily on this..

I'm a computer tech and deal with everyday struggles in the PC lives of my co-workers. However, I could also be to blame for all of the viruses, spy-ware, ad-ware, security, and holes in Windows as well as ambulance lawyers are to true and honest living lawyers helping their families live as nice as they can.

The small percentage of lawyers that Kev was referring to are the worst people in American life. I could go into it, but I'm afraid my family full of lawyers would see it and try to shut this site down and frankly, I don't need that headache. :lol::lol:

Some people in this country need to find the tallest building and...................

TRENTON, N.J. -- Baseball fans can sue if they're hit by foul balls in the concession areas of New Jersey's minor league parks.

An appeals court said a Newark man who was hit in the face while buying a beer at Newark's Riverfront Stadium can sue the Newark Bears and the owners of the food service company.

The panel ruled that spectators assume some risk of foul balls flying into the stands. However, the judges said fans in concession areas have greater protection because they can "let down their guard." 

It's suits like this one .... the one when the guy sued McDonalds for getting shot .. while he was sticking up the place .... the one where the guy sued NYC for not letting him follow his profession of begging and others that make me wish I were a judge.

I'd lock up the lawyer for about 30 days and then tell him " Now bring me another one of these stupid ass law suits, and it'll be 90 days. " I wouldn't last long, but I'd have a good time while I was there. I honestly think that Roy Bean was on to something ............... Thanks Wookie.

It's suits like this one .... the one when the guy sued McDonalds for getting shot .. while he was sticking up the place .... the one where the guy sued NYC for not letting him follow his profession of begging and others that make me wish I were a judge.

I'd lock up the lawyer for about 30 days and then tell him " Now bring me another one of these stupid ass law suits, and it'll be 90 days. " I wouldn't last long, but I'd have a good time while I was there. I honestly think that Roy Bean was on to something ............... Thanks Wookie.

Boze, I agree with you.. but I also believe the system, the government needs to step in and stop allowing actions like these to continue.