Harang Gets Opening Day Start

ArmyBengal

I really thought Arroyo would get the nod this year, but it sounds like he really didn't want it and would rather get a start after things quiet down at the start of the season. I really hope Harang can find a way back to his 2006 and 2007 form and get things rolling early on. I hope the team can stay healthy as well. From the article on the official site, the pitching rotation is:

#1. Harang

#2. Cueto

#3. Arroyo

#4. Bailey

#5 hasn't been named yet and it should be interesting to see how that plays out in camp...

I've a bad feeling Harang is going to have a horrible season. He's been on a speedy decline and I think a nosedive is looming near. I'm not even sure I blame Dusty for that one, since Harang has pitched a ton of innings under every Reds manager he's had.

Well if Bronson didn't want the ball either that worries me. I've never heard of a "P" that didn't want to take the mound!!!! And to start off the season opener to boot!!!

As for Aaron I hope he can get it together to. Bit I have my doubts. :(

Well if Bronson didn't want the ball either that worries me. I've never heard of a "P" that didn't want to take the mound!!!! And to start off the season opener to boot!!!

As for Aaron I hope he can get it together to. Bit I have my doubts. :(

He just wants to relax and pitch, the hype of opening day does not intice him. It is understandable and I am glad he has the balls to tell the coach he would rather not go out there on opening day.

I was the #1 golfer on my HS team (we sucked) and I always asked the coach to let me play as the #2 or #3 golfer, the buzz of the first group to tee off was not my cup of tea. Maybe Arroyo has similar attitude about opening day hype.