GET MARSHALL NOW!

kingwilly

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bengals plus going after talented players don't mix. Wait for the draft.

Yeah. Like the Bengals and the draft is a better option. Every year is a walk in the park. :rolleyes:

outside of pollack and perry we havent done bad om the 1st rmd.

Look at the overall picture, not just the 1st round.

I have thought this through and I say do it. The draft is 5/95 that any WR we draft in the 1st rnd turns out any good. This is still Carson's team no matter what B. Marshall would think. We have to strike while the irons hot. Make an offer!

Sure any team could make an offer and get him with a first round pick but what about the eventual contract dispute that he will command? MB does not sign, or trade, for big name high dollar FA's. The Bengals have a build through the draft philosophy.

It's not just a matter of the 1st Rd pick, it's the fact that they're going to have to give a big enough contract, that the Broncos won't/can't match. They could possibly get a break, because he won't be a free-agent and can't demand whatever he wants, but again, they will have to offer him enough that the Broncos don't match....

It's not just a matter of the 1st Rd pick, it's the fact that they're going to have to give a big enough contract, that the Broncos won't/can't match. They could possibly get a break, because he won't be a free-agent and can't demand whatever he wants, but again, they will have to offer him enough that the Broncos don't match....

Ah, I see...but isn't the contract for 2 years? What's to stop him from holding out, demanding more, or just being a child about his new RFA contract?

I think he's a great player, it's just that the chances of the Bengals signing him are about slim and none.

Bengals plus going after talented players don't mix. Wait for the draft.

Yeah. Like the Bengals and the draft is a better option. Every year is a walk in the park. :rolleyes:

outside of pollack and perry we havent done bad om the 1st rmd.

You can add fatboy to that list

how so? he was a rookie who looked fine when given the chance.His career is hardly over unless your just being retarded.

Ah, I see...but isn't the contract for 2 years? What's to stop him from holding out, demanding more, or just being a child about his new RFA contract?

I think he's a great player, it's just that the chances of the Bengals signing him are about slim and none.

as a "Restricted" free-agent, another team can sign you to an offer sheet at whatever length and dollar amount they want.... 5 yrs $40 mill for example, it is then up to the team that holds his rights to decide whether or not to match it. If they match, he is theirs for the same salary BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY "Terms" (as in options, roster bonuses, escalators and other clauses) as were on the offer sheet he signed with the other team. If they choose not to match, they then forfeit his rights in return for compensation of draft pick(s).

as a "Restricted" free-agent, another team can sign you to an offer sheet at whatever length and dollar amount they want.... 5 yrs $40 mill for example, it is then up to the team that holds his rights to decide whether or not to match it. If they match, he is theirs for the same salary BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY "Terms" (as in options, roster bonuses, escalators and other clauses) as were on the offer sheet he signed with the other team. If they choose not to match, they then forfeit his rights in return for compensation of draft pick(s).

Good info.

It's not just a matter of the 1st Rd pick, it's the fact that they're going to have to give a big enough contract, that the Broncos won't/can't match.

True enough, but I'm guessing the very reason the Broncos didn't place a higher tender offer on Marshall was to encourage other teams to make trade proposals. And IMHO you don't do things like that unless you have no intention of matching.

He is there for the getting, as is Boldin.

This is an open moment to see just how willing this ownership is to win, to make a change in the direction of the team.

I am sure we'll all be watching.

This from PFT:

Every team with a need at wide receiver is getting linked to Brandon Marshall.

Joe Reedy, who does yeoman's work for the Cincinnati Enquirer, wants everyone to know they can stop linking the Bengals to him.

Yeah, yeah, Marshall would help fill the team's knucklehead quota. But Mike Brown is loathe to give up a draft pick, using his first-round pick every year since 1989.

Reedy suggests that one former Bengal is a more likely target. Kevin Walter is our second-ranked free agent wide receiver and he won't cost anything except a big contract to acquire.

First of all if, I am not mistaken ,to get Marshall will also require a 1st round draft pick if not more.

Mikey Boy also would have to PAY Marshall.

Also, if I am not mistaken , Marshall's agent is Drew Rosenhaus, which means any contract you sign with him is not worth the paper its written on.

Anyone that has Rosenhaus as an agent hates the team they play for and have been disrespected by that team and they proceed to demand a trade or new contract everyear or they will disrupt the team.

The final thing standing in the way is Marshall is a NUT - he is as crazy as Chad only in a Bad way.

I know he can play but, the guy is in constant trouble, has trouble with coaches,throws fits, hell he got suspended as Denver was heading into the playoffs.

Marshall not on Bengals radar

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 4, 2010 2:51 PM ET

Every team with a need at wide receiver is getting linked to Brandon Marshall.

Joe Reedy, who does yeoman's work for the Cincinnati Enquirer, wants everyone to know they can stop linking the Bengals to him.

Yeah, yeah, Marshall would help fill the team's knucklehead quota. But Mike Brown is loathe to give up a draft pick, using his first-round pick every year since 1989.

Reedy suggests that one former Bengal is a more likely target. Kevin Walter is our second-ranked free agent wide receiver and he won't cost anything except a big contract to acquire.