REDS 1st half good or bad?

semiotter

Hey im supprised. At beginning of the year I thought man here we go again. But these players have showed me that they are a different bunch and want to win. With the new players this year and a almost new pitching staff they have contended most of the 1st half..so i say yes it has been good..GO REDS GO!!

Well I'm gonna have to break the first half into half, and thus the season into quarters.

First Quarter...far beyond expectation. The Reds invended new ways to win every game!

Second Quarter...pretty much the level of play we (or at least I) expected before the season started.

Overall so far...somewhat better than expected.

As long as we stay about .500, I'm happy as hell.

yeah thats all that really matters.

Sorry guy's, but not to me. I want to see a winner, and the Reds are almost as overdue as the Bengals!

The 1990 World Series win was a beautiful thing...especially after going wire to wire! It's been misery ever since. I guess I'm the only one tired of it.

Barbarian...what the Reds name equivelent of "Bungles?" I think Carl Lindner is trying to give Mike Brown a run for his money!

Bill - The thing about the Reds is that not a single person here expected this. Sure we want a winner, but we also know that management won't give it to us like we need. It's like when the Bengals were going through the Age of Helplessism, that the 2001 6-10 record was great because it showed we are on the path of righteousness.

You also have to remember that the Reds won the division in '94 and '95. You also have to remember that the Reds won 96 games in '99 and were 1.5 games away from winning the Central and lost the final game of the season to the Mets to miss the playoffs.

i wouldnt say misery since 1990.  Id say since 1996 after the strike the reds havent done anything worth while.

...except win 96 games in '99. But for the most part.. I've been disappointed big time since then.

Yes me too. Hopefully we can win some more games this season and have a wining record.

Definately better than I expected. The stats blow but somehow we got the wins. Makes you think W-L will catch up with the stats. Injuries are starting to be a factor. You have to figure we would have won a few more games with casey in the lineup. You can almost feel the boat tipping over. We need to get everyone healthy and I think we have as good as shot as anyone getting the wild card. We have to prove that we can compete with the cards or its pretty much a moot point.