ROCK FANS ONLY

ackley1

Who was the best band to come out of Seatle?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best band to come out of Seatle?

• Pearl Jam
    • Nirvana
    • Soundgarden
    • Alice in Chains

I actually liked Load, and Reload was alright, but St Anger SUCKED. The music was pretty good but the lyrics sucked!

OK. I see your point and agree.. it's definitely not the lyrics they used to put out.. also, I miss those Kirk solos every once in awhile.

So maybe they didn't sell out, but their music has just progressively gotten worse....

I think it's only gotten worse to those that expected WAY too much from them.. they out did themselves in Master and Justice. Anything after that, is definitely less than they've put out. Hell, until a few years back, I've been anti-any thing with Metallica before the black album. Then I said the hell with it... got my herbal medicine out and listened to everything Black Album and on. Of course, it took a few days. But I must say, Bleeding Me is one of their best songs and this is coming from a fan since the Kill 'em All days. I don't like it because it's always on the radio, but the progression in their music is great. It starts off clean and slow, builds, then builds, then you have a great Kirk solo (what isn't a great kirk solo) and then you bring it back down all the while staying true to musical progressions.

Anyway, I just love s**t they put out not because of their name, but because what they've done to music and the evolution they continue to embrace which is far different than most groups out there (99% of them) that put stuff out just to make money -- they've got plenty of it anyway.

Kev - I just love hard rock / heavy metal music mainstream or not.. if it has a crunching want to bang your head and kick some ass sound to it; I'm there!

Metallica RULEZ! B)

In my opinion, when the bus fell on Cliff Burton--the bus also fell on Alcoholica.

Fact is--is that Metallica hasn't come out with a CD since "Masters". The music immediately changed when Newstead joined the band--and for the worse. It's been a steady decline ever since. I haven't bought a Metallica CD since "Load"--and that's exactly what "Load" was. It was a "Load" of s**t.

To me--Metallica is like the Bungles. They haven't made anything work since 1986.

But from Creeping Death to Masters of Puppets--wow!!!!! That's some killer stuff.

Orion may be my all-time favorite instumental. The whole Kill 'Em All CD may be the most underrated CD of all time. I love the whole entire thing including Cliff's solo. Anything from The Horsemen to Am I Evil kicks total ass. Seek and Destroy is one of the best beginnings to a song ever.

I actually liked Load, and Reload was alright, but St Anger SUCKED. The music was pretty good but the lyrics sucked!

OK. I see your point and agree.. it's definitely not the lyrics they used to put out.. also, I miss those Kirk solos every once in awhile.

So maybe they didn't sell out, but their music has just progressively gotten worse....

I think it's only gotten worse to those that expected WAY too much from them.. they out did themselves in Master and Justice. Anything after that, is definitely less than they've put out. Hell, until a few years back, I've been anti-any thing with Metallica before the black album. Then I said the hell with it... got my herbal medicine out and listened to everything Black Album and on. Of course, it took a few days. But I must say, Bleeding Me is one of their best songs and this is coming from a fan since the Kill 'em All days. I don't like it because it's always on the radio, but the progression in their music is great. It starts off clean and slow, builds, then builds, then you have a great Kirk solo (what isn't a great kirk solo) and then you bring it back down all the while staying true to musical progressions.

Anyway, I just love s**t they put out not because of their name, but because what they've done to music and the evolution they continue to embrace which is far different than most groups out there (99% of them) that put stuff out just to make money -- they've got plenty of it anyway.

Kev - I just love hard rock / heavy metal music mainstream or not.. if it has a crunching want to bang your head and kick some ass sound to it; I'm there!

Metallica RULEZ! B)

Bleeding Me was a great song. So was the last song. I'll tell you one band that will always be f**king awesome....TOOL!!!

Metallica RULEZ! B)

In my opinion, when the bus fell on Cliff Burton--the bus also fell on Alcoholica.

Fact is--is that Metallica hasn't come out with a CD since "Masters". The music immediately changed when Newstead joined the band--and for the worse. It's been a steady decline ever since. I haven't bought a Metallica CD since "Load"--and that's exactly what "Load" was. It was a "Load" of s**t.

To me--Metallica is like the Bungles. They haven't made anything work since 1986.

But from Creeping Death to Masters of Puppets--wow!!!!! That's some killer stuff.

Orion may be my all-time favorite instumental. The whole Kill 'Em All CD may be the most underrated CD of all time. I love the whole entire thing including Cliff's solo. Anything from The Horsemen to Am I Evil kicks total ass. Seek and Destroy is one of the best beginnings to a song ever.

I agree, when Cliff(the best f**kin bassist of all time) died they lost a lot. Orion was a great instrumental but so was all of them. I mean The Call of The Kutulu was bad ass! I think And Justice For All was their last great album though.