First-Half NL MVP

Kirkendall

Adrien Beltre.

No protection in the lineup, career numbers, all-star snub...

I love Rolen, but he has guys like Thome and Abreu to protect him, and for him to drive in...Adrien is not afforded those luxuries with the exception of LoDuca...

Beltre is his equal with the glove if not with the best arm in the league at his postion according to the sporting news...

"You do know that Rolen hasn't been with Philly for almost a calendar year, right? But, your point still sticks with guys like Pujols, Edmonds, and Renteria... "

Duh....Brain-fart on my part, but that lineup only strengthens my argument now...

I am not saying Rolen is not a sensational player, but there is not as much pressure on him to produce and carry the team on his back with a guy like Pujols hitting in that lineup... Without Beltre, the Dodgers are 10 games out of the race...instead of first place...

I am a fan of the school of thought on how important a guy is to his team, thus the word valuable in the acronym.

I am not saying Rolen is not a sensational player, but there is not as much pressure on him to produce and carry the team on his back with a guy like Pujols hitting in that lineup...

Great point. You actually use the word valuable instead of most studly stats... I think you make a great point on all fronts.