Chad helps get the jets motivated

TJJackson

Revis is good...we can all agree on that....BUT...If Carson and Chad play the whole game, I can see The Och having a good day. As good as Revis is, and yes he has shut down some of the best receivers in the game this year, Ochocinco will be facing single coverage most of the time. For probably the only time this season. He had 89 yds against Denver and Chump Bailey (who had help) and 67 yds against Nnamdi Asomugha (who also had help).

If he's single covered....he can make a few plays. Everybody is all over Revis' jock....I mean c'mon the guy is good, but people are acting like he's Deion Sanders or something....

Look... My point is, the guy is still being targeted by other teams. They're still throwing his way. The guy has 6 Int's this year, but the really impressive thing is he has 31 PASSES DEFENSED...That's a lot...a alot..a lot. That means he gets his hands on/near the ball a lot, but he's also being thrown at a lot. By comparison, Hall had 6 Int's and 24 passes defensed, J Joe had 6 Int's 20 Passes Defensed.

BUT...On the flip side, players like Nnamdi Asomugha and Champ Bailey's numbers don't look anywhere near as impressive...Mainly because of their reputation, and teams being unwilling to throw their way often....Bailey ( 3 Int's 13 Passes Defensed) and Asomugha

(ONLY 1 Int, ONLY 4 Passes Defensed).

I'm rambling, but Chad can beat Revis.

Revis is good...we can all agree on that....BUT...If Carson and Chad play the whole game, I can see The Och having a good day. As good as Revis is, and yes he has shut down some of the best receivers in the game this year, Ochocinco will be facing single coverage most of the time. For probably the only time this season. He had 89 yds against Denver and Chump Bailey (who had help) and 67 yds against Nnamdi Asomugha (who also had help).

If he's single covered....he can make a few plays. Everybody is all over Revis' jock....I mean c'mon the guy is good, but people are acting like he's Deion Sanders or something....

Look... My point is, the guy is still being targeted by other teams. They're still throwing his way. The guy has 6 Int's this year, but the really impressive thing is he has 31 PASSES DEFENSED...That's a lot...a alot..a lot. That means he gets his hands on/near the ball a lot, but he's also being thrown at a lot. By comparison, Hall had 6 Int's and 24 passes defensed, J Joe had 6 Int's 20 Passes Defensed.

BUT...On the flip side, players like Nnamdi Asomugha and Champ Bailey's numbers don't look anywhere near as impressive...Mainly because of their reputation, and teams being unwilling to throw their way often....Bailey ( 3 Int's 13 Passes Defensed) and Asomugha

(ONLY 1 Int, ONLY 4 Passes Defensed).

I'm rambling, but Chad can beat Revis.

I have news for you boss. You appear a knowledgeable fan so please listen carefully. I am not going to say that Chad can't beat him because of the sheer vulnerability at the CB position. However, I have read a similar argument every week about the opposing teams' best receiver on message boards (Though yours is by far the best yet). Yet, nobody has made any significant impact on a game against him and they almost always make no impact whatsoever. When a QB challenges him, and they do try, Revis is often in better position to make a play than the WR. Receivers are called for offensive pass interference because they have no choice but to drape themselves all over him or risk the play resulting in an INT. He has GREAT hands. He is the best cover corner I have seen since Deion Sanders. Even Deion recognizes this on NFL Network. Revis is also a fabulous tackler, MUCH better than Sanders was, and he makes plays against the run in the opposing backfield. You all think you know how he good he is but you haven't seen him play every week. I assure you he is even better than you think.

There were only two plays the entire season that someone could argue he was beaten and one resulted in an incomplete pass. The way to attack the Jets is throw to the other side, perhaps with Laveranues, against Lito who will sometimes give big cushions. Welker kills the Jets for that reason. The next time they play NE, I hope they put Revis on him and double team Moss with the other guys.

The reason Revis gets thrown at is because he's the only guy playing man on man. The Jets bracket the rest of their secondary and leave Revis on an island with no help, so it is much more difficult for the other WRs to get open.

To my knowledge, the only other player in the NFL who is given that kind if responsibility is Asomugha, and while I don't follow either the Jets or the Raiders closely, I know that in a couple of games, Asomugha was put in man coverage against the #2 WR and the #1 was double covered. That's actually a pretty good plan when you consider how difficult it is to be a cover corner.

Revis on the other hand is doing it every week against every team's #1. it's damn impressive. Is he Deion Sanders? Maybe not. But it wouldn't be ridiculous to claim that he's the best CB since Deion. He's nowhere near as dangerous as Deion was when it comes to int's and returning them for TDs. That risk is what made it so scary to throw his direction. That said, Revis is far more physical than Deion and actually participates in stopping the run.

I think it's very difficult to play CB in the league. Nearly impossible wthout safety help, so I expect Chad to be able to do some damage... but he's got his work cut out for him against the best CB in the NFL.

In a full game, it is reasonable to expect Ocho to have 4 catches for 45 yards and maybe a TD. Personally, I like Ocho's antics and think some of them are hilarious. The scary thing for Bengals fans is that if Mike Tomlin hadn't tipped his hand a few days prior to the draft, Revis would have been a Steeler. The Jets traded up 1 spot ahead of the 'Burgh to take him. Imagine a secondary with Polamalu and Revis!