Reds lose to Cards 4-2

bengalsfan33

Cardinals sweep the Reds by beating them 4-2 tonight.

Jesus Sanchez- 6IP 7H 2R 2ER 4BB 4K's

John Riedling- 1IP 1H 1R 0ER 1BB L(4-2)

Todd Jones- 1IP 2H 1R 1ER

Ryan Freel- 2-3 2B

Barry Larkin- 1-4

Adam Dunn- 1-4 RBI 1B

Brandon Larson- 1-3 HR 1RBI

Ryan Freel left in the 7th with bruised knee. No report on how long he will miss. Also Freel put his hit streak to 9 games.

I hop so too because the Reds need someone like him too do good

We just need some pitching consistancy and stabilty. I have no problem with our starters giving up 3-4 runs in 6 innings.. I know, most of the time, that our offense is strong enough to provide run support. But all season, that one inning is always to blame for many of our losses. 3-plus inning runs need to be reduced to help our chances..

I know we're not going to have a great pitching staff, but a stable and consistent performances will give the Reds at least one win back out of 3-4 they've lost..

I hop so too because the Reds need someone like him too do good

We just need some pitching consistancy and stabilty. I have no problem with our starters giving up 3-4 runs in 6 innings.. I know, most of the time, that our offense is strong enough to provide run support. But all season, that one inning is always to blame for many of our losses. 3-plus inning runs need to be reduced to help our chances..

I know we're not going to have a great pitching staff, but a stable and consistent performances will give the Reds at least one win back out of 3-4 they've lost..

Yeah exactly but lately the reds haven't been giving the starters some runs so the Reds need to start getting there sticks out

I think when Casey gets back our lineup will look much better and he will give us some good offense.

I'm hoping for some renewed strength after the All Star break. If not...stick a fork in 'em!

Yeah you can call it done if they are 10 games or more back.

You will see players like Lidle,Wilson,LaRue,Graves,Casey,or even Griifey if it gets too bad.

Hopefully they sweep the next series against the Brew Crew.

Stick a fork in em last week guys. Its over, time to move the focus to our Bengals. Hate to say it, but this team was set up for failure. Lidle, Wilson and the Louisville Riverbats rotation is not good enough, it never was. Its admirable at how much they overachieved in the first half. But even that got them nothing more than some ticket sales and a few extra All Star berths. Lets face it guys, rebuilding sucks and we have a lot more of it to go......

Casey won't go because I don't see anyone absorbing his $6.8 million contract and the teams that could spend the money, already have their first baseman.

I can't see Graves leaving either because of his $6 million deal and the tendency to blow saves.

The one trade I do NOT want to see happen is getting rid of Griffey, plus I don't see it happening. Only because they've tried to ship him out before and absolutely no one was interested except maybe the Padres back a year or so ago. He's had a great year so far, but Cincy and Griffey have finally embraced each other... there would be a riot act if Griffey was traded.

The trades I can see happening are Kearns, but even then, we have to hope the other team believes his potential outweighs his constant risk for injury. I say that because I really believe Willy Mo will be a superstar.. he's got incredible athletic ability, power, and potential and he's improving with each game.

Lidle is a solid #2 or great #3 starter. I think the unfair knock on him is that he's given the ace role for this team -- being the opening day pitcher and all -- and he's not an ace. However, I do see him being traded only because he signed a one-year deal. I'd like for Linder to give Lidle a small extension, but that's unlikely.

Paul Wilson I see gone. He makes $3.5 million this year and he's on the final leg of his contract. I wouldn't mind signing him to an extension either, but if that's not in the plans, let's trade him.

I can see LaRue gone because his whole thing was defense -- his offense is barely good enough to be in the majors... well his defense has really been poor this season and last. If we give up that much on defense as the catcher, I think we could throw Valentine in there and at least get an additional power threat in the lineup. Plus I'm sure Castro has played there...