Kaboom goes my PC

ChadJohnson-85

So I was making a video on Windows Movie Maker and I clicked the play button to test my video and all of the sudden my PC screen got snowy. Just like the snow you would see on a TV but it wasn't white. It was all the colors on my screen mixing together in a snowy form... So I couldn't see the start button in the bottom left of my screen (snow) to restart the PC so I just pressed the power button on my tower and it restarted the way it's supposed to and then all of my pages came back the way I left them (before my PC got snowy).

Two hours later, after finishing my tribute video to Chris Henry (I was working on it for 6 hours straight)...... BOOM!!! Hahahahaha... I jumped out of my chair and started to unplug the power cord to the PC. Smoke started to come out the back of the tower, but no fire. The smell of burnt electricity was in the air.

Ugh... I'm just having a bad year so far... Glad to see 2010 coming up. Hopefully a better year on my part.

So I was making a video on Windows Movie Maker and I clicked the play button to test my video and all of the sudden my PC screen got snowy. Just like the snow you would see on a TV but it wasn't white. It was all the colors on my screen mixing together in a snowy form... So I couldn't see the start button in the bottom left of my screen (snow) to restart the PC so I just pressed the power button on my tower and it restarted the way it's supposed to and then all of my pages came back the way I left them (before my PC got snowy).

Two hours later, after finishing my tribute video to Chris Henry (I was working on it for 6 hours straight)...... BOOM!!! Hahahahaha... I jumped out of my chair and started to unplug the power cord to the PC. Smoke started to come out the back of the tower, but no fire. The smell of burnt electricity was in the air.

Ugh... I'm just having a bad year so far... Glad to see 2010 coming up. Hopefully a better year on my part.

It will be a whole new decade. Who knows what it will have in store

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Y2K finally got somebody.

Seriously, how did things end up?

Well I have yet to take it apart and see exactly what happened to it. Right now, I really don't care. I'll be getting a new PC soon. But when I get around to it, I'll let you know what blew up inside (obviously caused by over heating).

Hopefully you can salvage your hard drive and get your stuff off of it. Good luck.

A 1 terabyte hard drive is one of the best investments I made last year. I suggest anybody that keeps a lot of media or other important files on their desktop should get one.

I remember when a gig was a lot!

I don't feel the need to start another topic about my problems. So I'll post it here.

I recently (5 days ago) bought a Vizio 26" 720p HDTV from Walmart (Goes up to 1080p with HDMI cable)... So a couple of days ago, my sound goes out while playing Madden 10. So I restart my X-box 360 and restart my tv, then I was able to hear my tv again. The same thing happens again a couple hours later. This time I don't restart my X-box 360, I just turn my tv off and on. Then I can hear my tv again. This has not happened since.

The day after all that happened, my little brother turned on my tv and the most annoying sound blasted through the tv (Keep in mind, it happened as soon as he turned it on). I mean this crap was very very annoying and loud!!! He immediately shut it off and turned it back on. The sound was back to normal. The same thing happened to me the next day (but 5 minutes after the tv being turned on). I reacted the same way my little brother did (read above).

I have a 2 year warranty on the tv. So I'm kind of taking my time with this thing. Because I'm not sure if it's the tv or the HDMI cable that's the problem. I admit, I was cheap while buying an HDMI cable (RCA - $30.00)...

I would very much appreciate it if any of you could tell me what I might be doing wrong or if I simply have a bad tv or HDMI cable that I need to exchange for a new one.

Thanks!