Cable TV Question

ArmyBengal

So, I'll be officially retiring from the Army near the beginning of 2011, but with the leave I have saved up, I will be out the beginning of November next year. That's right, less than a year left. However, Mrs. ArmyBengal and I made the plans to move back to Cincinnati a definite as we close on our new house the end of this month.

The question I have is for the people that are in Cincinnati. What cable service do you use ?? I have Direct TV now, but if there isn't a sellout, I can't watch the games using the Sunday Ticket back in Cincinnati. I plan on being at more games that not, but my question still stands. What's your experience with cable providers in Cincinnati ??

Time Warner (I usually hate them)

Dish

Direct TV

I will probably be looking to bundle the cable and internet service, but maybe there is something out there out of the norm I'm not aware of.

For example, here in Sioux Falls, I have Direct TV, but there is a local internet provider with high speed access for $19.00 a month.

Anyway, this soon to be retired Army guy living in Cincinnati wanted some thoughts from his Bengalszone brothers !!!

Thanks !!!

Well, I live on the KY and Insight is awesome. Most of the people I know in Cincy, however, hate Time Warner. Cincinnati Bell has started putting fiber optics into a lot of the city so if you live somewhere with access to that I would recommend that. IIRC, Cincinnati Bell has a package with DirectTV.

My beef with Time Warner is the stuff they do to my PC when their here. I'll (or someone else in my house will) call them to come out and fix whatever we are having problems with (NOT PC RELATED) and they'll start downloading some weird sh*t onto my computer. Screws it up to where I can't even open up Firefox/Internet Explorer.

I have Time Warner and really don't have any problem with them. Granted they totally screwed my billing up so bad that they think I owe them nothing every single month, but I'm sure that has nothing to do with it... I should note though that I am in C-bus not Cincy and so maybe the service is less well handled down there. Up here, never have so much as a hitch.

Time Warner sucks. Once my contract expires with them, DirectTv all the way.

That's what I'm looking into as well. To be honest I don't watch tv much. Because there's nothing on basic cable... ESPN? Screw them! I hate ESPN. Just something about them. But anyways my contract expires with Time Warner some time in July. I'll be looking into something different (Such as Direct Tv).

Yeah, that's been my past experiences with TWC and I went with Direct TV when I came to Sioux Falls, so I could get the Sunday Ticket.

I was thinking having the Sunday Ticket just isn't the same when you can either watch the game without the Ticket or go to the game like I will.

I'm simply not as concerned watching the other games that the ticket allows. I do it here because, well, I live in South Dakota. 'Nuff said...

Anyway, I will continue the research...

Elaborating a smidge, one of the primary reasons I will switch isn't because of the Sunday Ticket because, quite honestly, it's too much money for not enough bang for me, but because of NFL Network. I don't need the Ticket, as I will always watch Bengals games first, and I can follow whatever is on Fox if the Bengals aren't on. But I do hate not having the access to programming on NFL Network, such as Network exclusive games, NFL Films specials and classic games.

Also, Time Warner has a nasty habit of nickel and diming you to death about every three month on your bill. It's not until you complain and get locked into a two year deal that the rates justify having the piece of crap. Plus, I can't even get WWE 24/7 on it, which I would enjoy for mat classics.

Not only does Time Warner NOT carry NFL Network (at least not in my market), They apparently are having problems with FOX...There are a lot of commercials running, about how come January 1st, Time Warner might not carry FOX anymore...This is a National TV Channel, that Time Warner is nickel and diming so they can keep their pockets fat...They keep jacking up their rates, yet dont want to carry programming they deem too expensive...too expensive? are you kidding me? Its a Channel that's available over-the-air for free.........F**K Time Warner Cable...