Larkin not retiring?

The Brew Man

You're certainly right that injuries are a risk and the older a player, the higher the risk. However -- you knew that was coming didn't you? -- lets reflect on this for a second though...

Larkin has played more games from '02-04 than Kearns and only 17 games less than LaRue.

He makes less money than Griffey, Casey, Graves, Wilson, Lidle, LaRue, White, Jimenez, and -- get this -- Castro.

Larkin has a better fielding percentage than any other player that's played SS this season for the Reds and at one point was the only SS in MLB to not commit an error.

What do you lose on the field with Larkin with the risk of injury? His base salary of only $700,000 (not including incentives) and 6th most plate appearances on the team really make it hard for me to sell Larkin coming back.

Listen, I think Larkin is a hard takeout while turning a DP away from ending his career... and while it would be nice that he takes the horse during sunset off the Reds stage, I still think he has much to contribute on this team and should be given the chance to end his career on his terms.

Jditty - You remind me of those that if they don't see instant results, you fly by the handle and demand change. You need to learn patience young man.. look at Sammy Sosa's first four seasons and look at his fielding as well. I'm sure the Rangers and White Sox wish they'd have a little patience at the time.

Nice post bro :)