Steelers lose to Browns! The NFL is fixed!

cincyhokie

This may be the post of the year. What makes it better is that the other posters believe in this too. Kind of funny coming from a team that won 2 SB's in 4 years.

/>http://forums.stillers.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4080

Long time follower. I actually read the site quite frequently throughout the week. I know this is my first post in quite some time, but honestly I really believe football is rigged. I've watched over 60 percent of each and every football game throughout the NFL. I am a football fanatic I just truly love the game, but I truly "deep" down inside think the game is tarnish and is not 100 percent pure anymore.

My belief is the game(NFL) is all about TV ratings and profits. Who makes the better superbowl? Who makes better prime time games? Build the league around the offenses. How can we keep the game close till the end? For the most part I feel all games are decided by only a score or two. As I said for the most part. There are so many fishy calls throughout the years. Ok lets just look at the Stillers for example:

Neil O' dick in Superbowl XXX, (come on the man threw the ball to no one except Brown) WHEN THERE WAS NO AND I MEAN NO RECEIVERS around.

Polamalu INT against the colts. Ruled a INT on the field and ONLY REVIEWED BY Dungy for the hell of it. It clearly was 150 percent clear and decisive that it was an INT. But yet overturned for no reason... To keep the game close and to help the posterchild-- Payton "crybaby, throw my team under the bus" Manning a chance to make some "magic" happen.

Hmmm, lets go with the Pats so called "tuck rule" against the Raiders. Hmm, destroying evidence before actually going through the legal procedures of SPY GATE... Hmmm, no blacksox scandal of football. Goddell made sure of that. If there isn't anything to hide then why destroy the evidence in the first place???

Lets see, there are so many wild things I'd be here forever..... How about last season against the Chargers, Clearly Polamlau Fumble recover on a LEGAL AND CLEARLY LEGAL BACKWARDS LATERAL---> EQUALS TOUCHDOWN at the end of the game, Stillers cover the 3 point spread and the bookies lose over 250 million. Lets see (We'll that doesn't count, we messed up bulls**t from the officials) Final score 11-10, Chargers cover.

Patriots and Colts game this year. PATS HAVE LEAD WITH UNDER 4 minutes of play CALLING TIMEOUTS ON OFFENSE. THEN TO GO FOR IT on 4th and 2 from their own 28... Real fishy Pats getting 1.5 and covering by .5 Colts win by 1

Last week. Saints vs. Redskins, Redskin kicking to win the game with a 21 yard field goal... Shank right, never had a chance. Fishy...

Steelers-Chargers-- Prime Time 28-0, all of a sudden wacky bounces and all hell breaks lose, chargers surge and almost come back to win.

Saints and Colts "miraculously" winning each game when they are down.

Steelers superbowl 40-- game was rigged for us to win. FACT

Superbowl 43, Cards can't do anything on offense... ALL of a sudden Fitzgerald and company score TWO quick ass td's to take the lead and the Stillers come down with the final drive to win it. "WOW GREATEST SUPERBOWL" blah, blah blah

Harrison 9 out of 10 plays being held and never a flag. And i mean the holds are soooo unbearable to watch this season.

Stillers all season just making sure the games are close no matter who the opponent may be. "super bowl champs line" Really a stepping stone for this organization to beat the defending superbowl champs, in a dramatic come from behind win.

A few years back in the playoffs when we were penalized against the Titans for roughing into the kicker (Believe it was Washington that did it )when the field goal was shanked... When he clearly was no where NEAR the Kicker...

The bookies "always" just about right on every spread with the over and unders too. There are so many "ifs", what's or buts about the game of football. Its just tarnished is all I am trying to say.

I know this all sounds like a crazy conspiracy, but say what you want. The game isn't pure. I think the NFL, just has so much power and money the ref scandal and everything else just doesn't come out like the NBA.

Saints tragic Katrina occurs, then they go from s**t to the playoffs the same season..... Hmmm kinda fishy. I really will believe if the Colts and Saints BOTH ARE UNDEFEATED going to the superbowl then case close, no way in hell the game is pure. Both teams have so many sour spots on the team to be perfect.

Oh speaking of perfect, the pats go 18-0 and then lose to the Giants???? They just didn't want the whole scandal with all the cheating to really look even worse. No way the Giants beat the Pats in the SB. I'm sorry, no way that happens.

"Bettis wins it in Detroit" to close out his chapter.

Alright, maybe I went overboard? Maybe I didn't? But for the Stillers this season to completely just not try; to lose 5 straight, the way they are just makes me wonder even more. Also, watching the games around the league, every prime time game seems to be decided at the end. Big comebacks or what have you.

Football is all about the money and ratings. The higher the ratings the more cheese they make. I think we were told we had to lose and this isn't our year since we are capable "STILL" right now at 6-7 able to beat anyone in the playoffs and I truly mean that. Are team is still capable of beating anyone in the league and its to much of a risk for the Colts Saints superbowl matchup against the two dome p***y teams. Or will this be Farves last one. NFL loves the whole Farve crap too. Is he going to play, is he not s**t in the offseason just so the NFL gets more publicity.

Post 9/11--> Pats all of a sudden win the superbowl and beat Raiders "tuck rule", Stillers distruction of all sorts. And the best team on turf REDZONE disasters.

Katrina--> All of a sudden the Saints are immortal and make the playoffs with a terrible team.

Michael Vick scandal all of a sudden Falcons go from worst to first? With a new coach and new QB... DOUBT IT

Saints Colts for the unbeating. What a story either way for the NFL... some more dick sucking for Manning to be classified as one the greatest of all times. or How New Orleans is in the upcoming of franchises built from the Katrina disaster. EIther way if both teams enter perfect, an upset would be great as well for the ratings.

I'm out, f**k this season, and f**k the rigged ass NFL. I can't wait for no salary cap and we can see modern day New York Yankee organizations. Piece of s**t GoDDELL, maybe play min. 18 regular season games too all year long, never an offseason. More cheese and ratings.

We got 6 when you know we should have at least 8, 7 guaranteed. I guess I am just happy the league let us win against the Seahawks cause that game was real rigged. I mean honestly who wants to see the Seahawks win the trophy, it would of been terrible for the league.

That's just f**kin' insane.

Yes, it is insane. It's also the next step for Steeler's fans to cling to as their losing streak surges on.

Typically when the Steelers lose it's because "We didn't lose, we gave the game away." Now since the losing has gone to such abnormal degree, it's "The NFL MUST be fixed! It's a scam!"

Wow, that's is delusional.

What's really funny is that a Steelers fan saying that Superbowl 40 was fixed....

Can't argue with that one.

I also like how he said they should have had "8, 7 guaranteed"!

I would hate to think that any of them are fixed, but if I were a conspiracy theorist I'd say it was the Pats first SB win in 2001 and SB 40.