Reds: Buyers or Sellers?

xjjeep90

Personally I would like to get some starting pitching and some bullpen help. The Reds need to get rid of Jason LaRue and Brandon Larson for some consistency at home plate.

Today on WLW they were talking about the prospect of trading Paul Wilson or Corey Lidle or both.

So does that mean we're giving up on the season already? Wilson and Lidlle are our two best pitchers. If anything we need to trade for an affotional starter of another pitcher in the bullpin.

Well living out here in Arizona I'm hearing that Randy Johnson is on the Diamondbacks trading block. Wouldn't it be great to see Junior and the Big Unit teamed up in Cincy!?!

Man if we could get RANDY JOHNSON just for the rest of this season that would be great, maybe what we need to win this DIV. I cant see them getting rid of WILSON he has been are best starter so far this year..But I dont see the reds front office making any big deals unless its were they are shipping out players. And also im with ACK. I wish they would get rid of L AND L. Man we could of got BOONE again... :(

I just don't see us getting the Big Unit. He'll probably end up in pin stripes just like all the big guns do. I'm sure we can get some one good though if our front office will make a move. We definately need another pitcher and maybe another good hitter. :player:

What's up with those Dbacks Broome? I think they should have given Brenley(however you spell his name). I don't think they should have fired him given the cards he was dealt with. I mean he just won a championship a couple of years ago. Where's the loyalty in sports anymore?

Personally I would like to get some starting pitching and some bullpen help. The Reds need to get rid of Jason LaRue and Brandon Larson for some consistency at home plate.

Today on WLW they were talking about the prospect of trading Paul Wilson or Corey Lidle or both.

I agree with your comment about Larson. He has consistently bad performances defensively.

However Jason LaRue is a key player. His batting average is spotty, but, he is a large part of the team chemistry, when these guys are firing on all cylinders.

I've heard these comments before about LaRue and I just don't understand them

I've heard these comments before about LaRue and I just don't understand them

LaRue is NOT a good catcher.. he had one great season of throwing runners out and the following season he was near the bottom on SBs allowed. He's last in the majors in fielding percentage, had the most passed balls in MLB, and has dropped countless passes at home to tag out runners...

In 2003, he had the 2nd worst fielding percentage in the majors, on the bottom for throwing runners out, etc etc.

He may be part of the team chemstry, he puts the team in positions to always be forced to come back from his very spotting fielding.

What's up with those Dbacks Broome? I think they should have given Brenley(however you spell his name). I don't think they should have fired him given the cards he was dealt with. I mean he just won a championship a couple of years ago. Where's the loyalty in sports anymore?

Well ackley, the d-back fans have been screaming for Brenleys head for quite a while now. I'm actually surprised it took this long to go down! The capper was their 11 game losing streak on top of an already sucky season, and when you're a big league manager, there is never any loyalty. It's all about what have you done for me lately. :wacko: