LJ's Bengal Game @ Raiders

kingwilly

LJ's Bengal Game @ Raiders  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How many carries/yards

I think the number of carries he gets will be determined by how well the rest of the offense is clicking. If they are able to get a big lead, LJ will be the RB that grinds out the fourth quarter.

If it is a close game he may not get many carries, Scott and Leonard know more of the offense.

Hopefully he gets about 15 carries, I think this will mean that the Bengals have put the game away sometime in the fourth quarter.

But, I did vote for the 6-10 option, because I dont think they will put the Raiders out of the game till late.

WHO-DEY.

If it is a close game he may not get many carries, Scott and Leonard know more of the offense.

I kind of feel this way too. Even if his skills haven't dropped off and he's the best active RB the Bengals have, I could still see Marvin just feeling more comfortable with Scott and Leonard because of thier familiarity with the offense.

If Benson is inactive again next week, I could see LJ possibly getting 20 carries, but not today when he's had less than a week to prepare.

let's face it, bernard scott can't carry the ball as a no. 1 RB (too light), and neither can brian leonard (too slow). they're both "specialty backs", so to speak. they're good at what they do, but they're not guys who can run the ball the whole game. i see LJ getting 15-20 carries because of this.

let's face it, bernard scott can't carry the ball as a no. 1 RB (too light), and neither can brian leonard (too slow). they're both "specialty backs", so to speak. they're good at what they do, but they're not guys who can run the ball the whole game. i see LJ getting 15-20 carries because of this.

Scott had 13 carries against the #1 rushing defense in football. So I wouldn't use the word "can't" when talking about his ability to be the #1 RB.

That said, he will need someone to spell him more often than Benson does. Especially if they plan to continue using him as a KR. It's my opinion that Leonard will continue being the 3rd down RB, and LJ will come in when Scott needs rest, and possibly for short yardage situations.

But I'd be willing to put money down that LJ doesn't get to 20 carries. I really don't see him getting more than 10 for the reasons I've already stated.

Scott had 13 carries against the #1 rushing defense in football. So I wouldn't use the word "can't" when talking about his ability to be the #1 RB.

13 carries for 33 yards, 2.5 AVG, with a long of 9 yards. meh... granted, the raiders D is probably worse than the Pitt D, but still, that won't cut it if he's to be our no. 1 back for this game.

13 carries for 33 yards, 2.5 AVG, with a long of 9 yards. meh... granted, the raiders D is probably worse than the Pitt D, but still, that won't cut it if he's to be our no. 1 back for this game.

Benson was averaging only 3 ypc with a long of 9. There's a reason the Steelers are the #1 rushing defense. Scott wasn't the problem. In fact, I was impressed with his ability to turn a 3 yard loss into a 1 yard gain multiple times in that game.