Benson up for FedEx Ground Player of the Week

BlainThePain

i hope benson will lose, or otherwise i know his other 2 week winner is worthless becz he dont deserve it this week, other 2 rushers have better stats than him.

Dim, I will disagree with you here in an example where the stats don't really paint the big picture here. Point is, the Ravens hadn't given up a 100 yard rusher in FOREVER and now they have had 3 in a row. Benson has two of those three and is the first RB to have back to back 100 yard rushing games against the Ravens since 2003 if I read correctly. 7 YEARS since that has happened ?? Yeah, he's deserving...

i hope benson will lose, or otherwise i know his other 2 week winner is worthless becz he dont deserve it this week, other 2 rushers have better stats than him.

Dim, I will disagree with you here in an example where the stats don't really paint the big picture here. Point is, the Ravens hadn't given up a 100 yard rusher in FOREVER and now they have had 3 in a row. Benson has two of those three and is the first RB to have back to back 100 yard rushing games against the Ravens since 2003 if I read correctly. 7 YEARS since that has happened ?? Yeah, he's deserving...

yeah i know about those things, but supposed it was benson made 130 yards and 1 td on 40 carries vs best rush def team or a player made 300 yards and 4 td on 10 carries vs the worst def team, benson still the one deserve award? lol

turner made 166 yard on only 18 carries, if he did have 34 carries like benson did, what will his yards be?? i think turner deserve it.

yeah i know about those things, but supposed it was benson made 130 yards and 1 td on 40 carries vs best rush def team or a player made 300 yards and 4 td on 10 carries vs the worst def team, benson still the one deserve award? lol

turner made 166 yard on only 18 carries, if he did have 34 carries like benson did, what will his yards be?? i think turner deserve it.

You are comparing apples to oranges here brother and are making up scenarios that didn't happen, so it's pointless.

No one had the stats you mentioned and I wouldn't argue that Benson deserves the award if they had. Likewise, Turner didn't have 34 carries so you are speculating there as well. For all we know, had Turner had 16 more carries he could have fumbled half of them away and cost the Falcons the game, but that's speculating as well.

All I'm saying is this might just be one of those times that the stats don't clearly show who the best player was this past weekend of football.

You are comparing apples to oranges here brother and are making up scenarios that didn't happen, so it's pointless.

No one had the stats you mentioned and I wouldn't argue that Benson deserves the award if they had. Likewise, Turner didn't have 34 carries so you are speculating there as well. For all we know, had Turner had 16 more carries he could have fumbled half of them away and cost the Falcons the game, but that's speculating as well.

All I'm saying is this might just be one of those times that the stats don't clearly show who the best player was this past weekend of football.

To end this argument, Chris Johnson actually deserves the award. Johnson played against the best run defense of the three (San Fran has the 4th ranked run D) and he has more yards than Benson.

I'm a huge homer, so I still voted for Benson.

To end this argument, Chris Johnson actually deserves the award. Johnson played against the best run defense of the three (San Fran has the 4th ranked run D) and he has more yards than Benson.

SF doesn't have the better run D. Take away the 2 Bengal games, and the Ravens allow less than 80 rushing yards a game.

That said... Benson will not win the award this week, deserved or not. The other RB's stat lines are too impressive.

SF doesn't have the better run D. Take away the 2 Bengal games, and the Ravens allow less than 80 rushing yards a game.

That said... Benson will not win the award this week, deserved or not. The other RB's stat lines are too impressive.

What happens to the 49ers run D stats if you take away their worst two games as well?

What happens to the 49ers run D stats if you take away their worst two games as well?

Does it matter? It's no secret why the Ravens have had 3 bad games. They played against Cedric Benson twice and Adrian Peterson once. The 49ers have not had nearly as talented a body of work.