Chief's want to trade Dorsey

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4661&line=155084&spln=1

Glenn Dorsey: Dorsey on the trading block

Glenn Dorsey - DL - KC - Oct. 14 - 10:37 am et

The Chiefs are down on DL Glenn Dorsey and may be willing to trade him, according to NFL.com's Jason La Canfora.

La Canfora says the new coaching staff doesn't like Dorsey, the No. 5 pick in the 2008 draft. Like many other Chiefs, Dorsey landed in coach Todd Haley's doghouse when he showed up to camp out of shape and flunked a conditioning test. Dorsey has been coming around lately and giving up on him just 21 games into his career would be a very surprising move as the trade deadline approaches. He'd also be impossible to trade with a contract including $22.5 million guaranteed. Oct. 14 - 10:37 am et

This guy is being completely used wrong in the 3-4 and I think he could still be a great under tackle. He would be perfect to plant next to Peko. We could trade Frostee (who would be much better off as a 3-4 end) and another draft pick.

He sounds an awful lot like Benson. A high pick that was being misused and stayed out of shape.

Wow, and to think many were a little disappointed we didn't trade up to get Ellis or Dorsey. Has he played well in spots or is he just a let down completely at this point? Neither have set the league alight.

Peko, Tank, Dorsey, Sims, Fanene. What an excellent rotation/depth that could be. Might even get a few DT sacks.

I doubt Mikey makes a move like that. We're pretty set at DT right now anyway.

Tank's only on a 1 year deal, tho...and Don't Call Me Shirley is a guard...

True, but you've still got Peko and Simms. And who's to say Tank doesn't sign here next year? I think Tank and Roy will be here as long as Zimmer is.

Offer em 2nd or 3rd.... doesn't hurt more so since Johnson has been dinged...

True, but you've still got Peko and Simms. And who's to say Tank doesn't sign here next year? I think Tank and Roy will be here as long as Zimmer is.

Well it's a possibility they stay but depends on how much they command and their interest though I don't see either commanding big deals but I could see several teams interested in a Savvy Vet @ Safety...

tbh, I have no complaints with how Tank has played. A bit dinged up which is frustrating but his play has been good. But man, Dorsey just a yr ago was considered a beast. Unless his play indicates he is just not translating to the NFL level then it's very tempting.

I'd give up a 2nd or 3rd plus the right fringe player if necessary player. Maybe we could do a straight swap. Give 'em Simpson for Dorsey. Get rid of useless players for both our teams. :lol:

Then again, maybe you're improving personnel but diminishing team chemistry.

The Chiefs would eat all of the guaranteed money in the trade. We would only cover the base salary, which isn't very big unless incentives kick in.

Which would be pretty sweet getting a top 5 pick and not have to pay him all that money ala Bears with gaines adams...Buccaneers had to eat 14million dollars worth of cap 11 this year 4 million carrys over in to next.

Yep, considering they likely let Ogunleye (I've probably sexually molested the spelling of that but oh well) walk in the offseason, instead of drafting a DE with their 2nd rnd pick they have a yr to work with/coach up a player who a #4 overall pick just a couple of yrs ago and has already produced somewhat in the league.

He'll probably put on a few lbs but they don't need him to be massive in their system.

The Chiefs would eat all of the guaranteed money in the trade. We would only cover the base salary, which isn't very big unless incentives kick in.

Which would be pretty sweet getting a top 5 pick and not have to pay him all that money ala Bears with gaines adams...Buccaneers had to eat 14million dollars worth of cap 11 this year 4 million carrys over in to next.

In light of the injury to Odom, this could have been done.

Taking on a Top 5 pick, without the hit of the signing bonus, for a package that could have been Frostee plus a r2 pick (toss in Coates for good measure) I am very let down they could not grow a sack and pull the trigger.

Point about Tank being a FA next year is correct. So, we sign Harris and now have him, Tank, Sims and hybrid Fanaene. Adding Dorsey would have been a very strong signal this team is serious about getting into the post season.