Odom Earns AFC Defensive Player of the Week

ArmyBengal

Indeed, I think Jumpy and MJ will have big day tomorrow though since i'm sure odom will be focused...Which is good cause I think with MJ's speed & long reach he should be able bring ben down

I'm not sure why a guy (Geathers) who averages 3 sacks a year, sans one season, is getting doubled-teamed by anyone very often, not sure that's entirely accurate (it might've been GB's game plan last week).

Love Odom's game last week, but 3 of his 5 sacks came against a struggling back-up thrown into the game after an injury.

Guys benefit when the talent is better; Fanene, MJ, Geathers and Odom (and Rey for that matter) all create pass rush problems for offenses. They haven't had that in a long time.

It's why the lack of any sort of reputable nickel corner isn't as critical right now, as it has been in the past, along with the upgraded d-line rotation. Sims is really starting to look like a huge factor into the future, for one. Think Marvin's Casey Hampton.

I don't think Justin Smith was double-teamed very often, but I'm sure he was the default choice by opposing teams.

I don't think Justin Smith was double-teamed very often, but I'm sure he was the default choice by opposing teams.

True... If by "very often" you mean more than 100% of the time.

I have the entire '05 season on DVD, and once went back through because I had heard this argument again and again. What did I find? Justin Smith being double teamed on nearly every damned play. In fact, I'd argue that the one good season Geathers did have was owed to Justin Smith drawing the double teams that no one else on the line did.