Reds game or Bengals game

redsfan2

Two of the best times I've ever had with my son were at ( respectively ) a Reds game and then at a Bengals game.

I took him to his first major league game in Cincy when he was about 14. Deion Sanders had got to 1st on a grounder that he had to beat out, and immediately started tormenting the opposing pitcher ( Rockies ) by taking huge lead offs. The guy kept throwing to 1st and pretty much was ignoring the batter. I said to my son " This is getting old. Next time he throws to 1st, Boo the pitcher as loud as you can." He didn't hear me and said " What ? " This time, I yelled so he could hear me and said " I said Boo the pitcher as loud as you can." As soon as I said it, the entire section started Booing. It cracked my son up, and he still remembers it. By the way the guy ended up throwing the ball away while trying to pick Sanders off and he went to third and got batted in. Great Game .... the Reds won.

Neither one of us had ever been to PBS until last year. He drove in from Jersey and spent the night here and then we drove down to Cincy together the next day. Friends of ours had given us club level seats that were to the left of the end zone. Great seats, but bleak outlook. The club they were hosting was the Ravens who were heavily favored. I'm sure you guys remember the outcome of that game. We screamed and yelled so loud and long that we could hardly talk by the time the game was over. It didn't even stop when we got outside, because he kept yelling Who Dey ???? to get everybody else yelling. Jeez .. I was hoarse for a week.

Now how do you choose between those two ???? Wouldn't trade either for anything.

Back to baseball. My wife, daughter and me went to a Bisons game ( triple A team in Buffalo ) My daughter discovered the joys of a cold beer on a warm evening at the park and ......... over indulged a little. Bisons were losing pretty bad, but she had the beer inspired optimism that it's never too late and when some of the crowd started to filter out she started yelling " Where the hellya goin ?? " "What're ya leavin for ???". All the guys around us who we know from going to the games were just dying and started egging her on.

After the game while we were riding home in the Jeep with the top down, she was laid out in the back seat with a blanket over her head and " Counting Flowers On The Wall " started playing on the radio. I was just about to turn it off when she whipped out from under the blanket and yelled " Turn that up .......... I LOVE that song." I dam near rolled the Jeep I was laughing so hard.

Sports and my family are always my best times B)

Took my son (9 at the time) to two games two years ago. He had a blast. He was amazed at PBS. I love the way they have things for kids to do at the games now (tacking dummies, Hudey, etc). My father took me to my first Bengals game in 69 and that is the major reason I am such a die-hard Bengals fan to this day. Hopefully the trip my son made with his dad will have lasting benefits to him also.

Whodey!

Bengals game easy !!

I've been to 3 Bengal Games in my life.

Last one against the Falcons in '02 i'll not go into detail about, but the previous 2 in Cincinnati's old Riverfront stadium

1. 1986's --- 34-7 whoopin over the Seahawks.

2. 1989's --- 61- 7 whoopin over the Houston Oilers.

I expect a 28 - 17 win over the Broncos when I'm there at PBS on October 25th Baby !!!! :player:

Bengals game easy !!

I've been to 3 Bengal Games in my life.

Last one against the Falcons in '02 i'll not go into detail about, but the previous 2 in Cincinnati's old Riverfront stadium

1. 1986's --- 34-7 whoopin over the Seahawks.

2. 1989's --- 61- 7 whoopin over the Houston Oilers.

I expect a 28 - 17 win over the Broncos when I'm there at PBS on October 25th Baby !!!! :player:

2 of the lamest crowds ever:

1. This year I happened to go to a Panthers Game. The Panthers at the time were 6-0. Needless to say, they were a bunch of lameasses!!! I think the crowd would have rathered been at a NeckCar Race. Lame-O!!!! What made it fun was that I trash-talked Steve Smith the whole game!!! People were looking at me like I was nutz. I hate the Panthers and I definitely hate Steve Smith's thuggy ass. I think he even looked up at me once like he wanted to punch me in the eye too. LOL!!!

2. A Bungles Game vs. The Dolphins. Again, Lame-O. This is the one right before halftime when Akillme got sacked and the Dolphins ran it back for a TD (I even predicted that it was going to happen). The crowd for that one was Lame-O as well. It was a sea of Aqua and Orange. There were more Jason Taylor Jerseys there than anything. It made me wanna puke.

Easy there, Bunglesfan4ever--I wouldn't count all my chickens before they hatched. Marvin's Good, but he has to deal with lame-assed management.

I think the best game I was ever at was a Reds Game when I was a kid in the late 1970s. Pete Rose, Joe Morgan, Johnny Bench, Dave Concepcion, George Foster, and Tony Perez. How can you go wrong there??? I think Seaver pitched. The crowd was loud as hell too.

The Bungles still can't compare to the Reds. Especially when they are in contention. Of course I'm talking about the Reds (in contention--well, not lately but at least they have been this decade!!!). The Bungles don't even know what that word means.

I think the best game I was ever at was a Reds Game when I was a kid in the late 1970s. Pete Rose, Joe Morgan, Johnny Bench, Dave Concepcion, George Foster, and Tony Perez. How can you go wrong there?

You can't. That was the "Golden Era" of the Big Red Machine. Nothing else has come close for Cincinnati to that dynasty, but if ANYONE has a chance and the ability to do so...it's Marvin Lewis, IMHO! :player:

Damn I wanna go to a game......

:(

all the damn ticket packets are sold out.....I hate being broke in college..... :angry:

Hey man,I think C and D are still available.

Try Ebay man.

Oh and I would choose a bengals game over the reds any day. :)

id choose the bengals too. i love reds games, don't get me wrong. its just that there are somany baseball games, so unless you go towards the end of the year it just doesn't seem quite as important.

every week in the nfl can feel like a make or break week. the excitement is great!