Reds meet the Mets

xjjeep90

We'll win 2 out of 3 in this one... sweep the Bucs (Pirates for you non-baseball fans) and then take 2 out of 3 against the Mets again.

Thanks to Casey's 12th inning homer, Josh's prediction is right on target. Keep it up Mr. Sensation! We can't drop this series to the Mets!

id rather have the cards beat the cubs than the cubs beat the cards cuz the cubs will only get better, the cards pitching is suspect and will start losing eventually. We are fine, just need a good series vs the bucs.

Well we might as well restart this thread, seeing how the Met's and Reds have hooked up again. We gained a half game last night and didn't even play.

Hopefully the Cards string of luck will run out again tonight and we can gain another full game. I think it's important the Reds be within three games by time the All-Star break hits!

The bullpen needs a rest. Definitely got shelled in the last game, but oddly enough it fired up the Bucs who are now playing St. Louis. Let's hope Pittsburg stays on a roll!

i don't know.  i'm feeling that this may be the beginning of the end for the reds this year.

You may be right sky. Unless two things happen:

#1: Lindner opens up his checkbook and gets some pitching.

and...

#2: Miley brings this team back together to where it was a month ago.

...the Reds are going to fall from contention. Even from the wildcard. Thank goodness the Bucs beat the Cards again! At least no ground was lost, but an opportunity was. :(

This only makes me that much more impatient for the football season to start!

Faith Sky... as my boy Michael George said... you gotta have faith!

Or is it that I have too much faith. <_<

Whoa...An admitted Metallica fan quoting George Micheal lyrics!?! What's next!?! An endorsement of John Kerry's presidential campaign!?! Josh...say it isn't so!!! :blink::lol:

:) Just kidding you Josh...It's just that you surprise me from time to time. :D

Losing to teams like the Mets and Pirates shouldn't happen.

Well it didn't happen tonight! Lidle pitched a great shutout, and the Reds picked up a full game, thanks to the Pirates whuppin' up on the Cardinals for the third straight time! Only 3.5 out just before the All Star break...I'll take it! B)