St Louis

semiotter

Ok how many times has this happened, were the Cardinals go out in July or Aug and get a high quaility player and then win the Division,.While the Reds just sit back with there thumb up their Butt and don't do a thing. Well this all but seals the div for them. Heck they already lead the div and it looks like the Cubs an Astros and Brewers will have to wheel and deal now or they are through. The Reds aren't going to do anything and the Pirates are getting rid of every good player they have like its a sin to have a good player on their team. All hail the 2009 Central Div Champion St Louis Cardinals

Ok how many times has this happened, were the Cardinals go out in July or Aug and get a high quaility player and then win the Division,.While the Reds just sit back with there thumb up their Butt and don't do a thing. Well this all but seals the div for them. Heck they already lead the div and it looks like the Cubs an Astros and Brewers will have to wheel and deal now or they are through. The Reds aren't going to do anything and the Pirates are getting rid of every good player they have like its a sin to have a good player on their team. All hail the 2009 Central Div Champion St Louis Cardinals

That's the difference between an organization set on winning, and one that doesn't seem to care.

I still think this is a very young team for the most part, so it's hard to say how to handle all of this, but they need to be doing something.

They need to figure out how to hit the freakin' ball and how to handle having two pitchers being the highest paid on the team and posting a less than solid record for them. I still have faith in Jocketty without much thought. The other thing to consider is how much it hurt the team to be without Votto for a period of time and then to have Volquez out of the pitching rotation. I mean seriously, how many more games does Volquez win for the Reds if had been in the rotation ?? With the was the rest of the division has been playing, they would probably still be right in the hunt.

Oh well, at this point, I'm just hoping for them to post a winning record.