NFL Draft Will Start on Thursday

The draft will now go primetime on Thursday evening for the first round next year. The 2nd and 3rd rounds on Friday and then finish it off on Saturday.

This might be more wife friendly as sitting all weekend in front of the TV while glued to my laptop posting here, didn't go over real well with Mrs. ArmyBengal last year.

I like this idea !!!

NFL to start draft on Thursday in prime time

NEW YORK (AP)The NFL is making its already popular draft even more television-friendly, moving the first round to Thursday night.

Next years draft will switch from a two-day, weekend format to a three-day event with the opening round in prime time for the first time.

The NFL said Thursday that the first round will begin at 7:30 p.m. EDT on April 22. The second and third rounds will start at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, with the last four rounds beginning Saturday morning.

Moving the first round to prime time on Thursday night will make the first round of the draft available to fans on what is typically the most-watched night of television, commissioner Roger Goodell said in a release.

The draft will continue to be televised by ESPN and NFL Network and held at Radio City Music Hall.

Over the years, it has evolved from a mostly unnoticed affair to a major TV event. The draft took place on Saturday-Sunday from 1995-2009 and Sunday-Monday from 1988-94. Before that, it was held on one or two weekdays.

A total of 39 million viewers watched the draft this year.

The NFL said the first round lasted just under 3 1/2 hours in 2009, which would fit in neatly into a prime-time slot.

/>http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlTOyk8OklA16ndQU5Tmm945nYcB?slug=ap-nfldraft-primetime&prov=ap&type=lgns

I LOVE the draft, so I won't really complain much about it.

Whatever makes it easier for me to be able to sit in front of the tv while spending that same time typing away on this site to update picks is FINE by me. This move will break it up some and like I said, probably make it easier for Mrs. ArmyBengal to tolerate. My eyes will appreciate the break as well as they were beginning to cross at the end of the draft this year from being on here all day long !!!