Reds vs. Cardinals

ArmyBengal

Well, here we go with a big series that I think will truly test this team. I just saw where homer is going to get the start tonight, so that is another piece to this game that should prove interesting to watch. Owings gets the start in the second game and Arroyo will take the mound in the last game. It's also an interesting time in the divison as the Brewers are taking on the Cubs in a 3 games series, so by the end of the weekend, things could look different in the division. After this series, we have four against the Phillies, a set against the Mets, and then back to the division with another important series against the Brewers.

Here's to hoping they can keep things going against the Cardinals !!!

Weathers is horrible, but for some reason people seem to like him. They look at his record and think, "it's not bad". They look at his ERA and think, "it's not bad". Then question people when they call him out. What isn't looked at is, how many times he gets into trouble or gives up the one run that ties the game up. He has on many occasions this season and in the past come in and SUCKED. Tonight is just another example of how bad I believe is he. Another example of why solid teams win and inconsistent ones lose.

Hate watching Weathers pitch, but last night if Rhoades could have found the plate I believe Weathers never enters the game.

The worst thing I saw last night was Phillips striking out, down three with the bases loaded, 2 outs, 2 strikes, in the bottom of the ninth. He swung so hard his back foot lifted and he screwed himself into the ground like a five year old. You have to make contact in that situation and make the other team get you out, not keep swinging for the fence and hope you get lucky. Rally killer!!!!

The Reds get blown out in the series final 10-1. This series showed a lot of what I've been talking about. Arroyo takes another loss after getting the sh*t kicked out of him yet again in giving up 8 runs on 11 hits in only 5 innings. Still sold on him being good to go ?? I mean he is 1-5 in his last 7 starts, but no reason to be concerned right ?? Edwin Encarnacion who led the team in errors last season finally gets back in the lineup only to throw an errant ball causing 3 unearned runs. Once again, the definition of inconsistent on this inconsistent team.

This team simply can't afford to drop 2 of 3 at home in one of the biggest series of the season to this point and when the manager tells the team of the importance of this particular series, they blew it. I honestly think the Cardinals are still the best team in the division, so there's that, but the Reds had chances to win the first game without closing it out and then didn't even appear to bother playing in the 3rd game.

Oh well, on to the next series...