Anyone catch Palmer's interview on Afternoon Blitz?

walzav29

Last year Palmer had more of an attitiude of "when he gets here we'll be fine", but this year he's more like , "who's Chad?" I love it. The team has moved on and Ochocinco has pouted himself into a corner. He looks insanely foolish and this isn't working.

I like Palmer's attitude too but can someone explain to me the benefit of keeping a WR on a team that does not have him in it's plans? Addition by subtraction. If Chad's just going to be around doing nothing but being a pain in ass whiny 2nd or 3rd WR....just CUT him.

I like Palmer's attitude too but can someone explain to me the benefit of keeping a WR on a team that does not have him in it's plans? Addition by subtraction. If Chad's just going to be around doing nothing but being a pain in ass whiny 2nd or 3rd WR....just CUT him.

Nah. If they can't get suitable compensation, my dream scenario is to see the bastard rot on the bench. He made his bed, now he's got to lie in it.

If Chad wasn't in their plans, they would have gotten rid of him already.

I think you're right but the feeling coming from Palmer to Chad and Chad to Palmer doesn't sound like they are on the same page. When that happens it's not going to be good for the chemistry of the offense. Only if the FO could understand this very important concept.

Nah. If they can't get suitable compensation, my dream scenario is to see the bastard rot on the bench. He made his bed, now he's got to lie in it.

That's my point. So cut him. He's going to get paid regardless. Why would you want to spend that money AND have a whiny b*tch on the bench interrupting things. Makes no sense. Screw letting him rot on the bench. If he doesn't want to be here then get him out. It's simple.

The team has to take the attitude that Chad is gone. They have to practice and get ready for the season with the people actually there. If his nibs decides to grace them with his presence and produce the goods then great. You can't rely on that happening and hinder the team's chances though.

If Chad wants to contribute and play football, all he has to do is turn up and put in maximum effort like everyone else.

I believe that CP's simply tired of trying to positively motivate and is now moving on to negative motivation. It's a low risk strategy. If it doesn't work, they're no worse off. I also think that Palmer must've been at least a little pissed by that "he should mind his own business" blast from last year. That was a particularly bad move by Chad. Palmer's the one guy that can say pretty much whatever he wants about the situation because he's above reproach by the media, fans, players and the coach. Chad can't win if he bites and makes it into a big deal. I kinda like it.

The team has to take the attitude that Chad is gone. They have to practice and get ready for the season with the people actually there. If his nibs decides to grace them with his presence and produce the goods then great. You can't rely on that happening and hinder the team's chances though.

If Chad wants to contribute and play football, all he has to do is turn up and put in maximum effort like everyone else.

Agreed. However, with Chad not attending OTA's the chances of him beating out Coles for the #1 receiver are slim. We all know if Chad is not #1 he is not happy....annnnd we all know what happens to the lockeroom chemistry when Chad is being a child. I predict problems coming.

Agreed. However, with Chad not attending OTA's the chances of him beating out Coles for the #1 receiver are slim. We all know if Chad is not #1 he is not happy....annnnd we all know what happens to the lockeroom chemistry when Chad is being a child. I predict problems coming.

Can't disagree with any of that. I dunno, it's my petty vindictiveness coming out but the thought of cutting him and him being able to eventually get his trade but even better than that, being a FA makes my blood boil.

What you say is true though. Hopefully the coaches can find a way of sidelining, well locking him in a utility cupboard more truthfully, for another yr so that he has little to no contact with the team and then cutting his aged ass after a solid yr out of football. It's not much but it would mean his new contract with the Pats or whoever won't be as big and that would hurt him on a cellular level. Of course, he will be able to have contact with the team and attempt all kinds of hilarious and self-involved antics and so maybe, for the good of the team just jettisoning him is the lesser of two evils.

I dunno. It's all up to him I guess. We know Mikey isn't going to flinch, maybe Marvin will reach breaking point though. If we get a good start then he might be cut quite quickly to minimize a loss of momentum. If it's looks like a yr of steady progression on D again and the new offensive players finding their feet, Chad might be in for a long yr.

Christ that's a rambling post. I'm shutting up now.

That's my point. So cut him. He's going to get paid regardless. Why would you want to spend that money AND have a whiny b*tch on the bench interrupting things. Makes no sense. Screw letting him rot on the bench. If he doesn't want to be here then get him out. It's simple.

It's easy enough to keep him from being a cancer. If he wants to be that guy, he'll give the Bengals plenty of opportunities to suspend him.

If that happens, not only does he give some of the money back... but he doesn't win.

Yes, I'm being vindictive, but he's a bitch. So it evens out.

If by the off chance he chooses not to be a cancer, one of two things will happen. He'll either get his act together, and be productive, or he won't and he'll just sit there letting his talent go to waste. That's totally his choice, and it's on his shoulders. I don't give a s**t what happens to him anymore... just so long as he doesn't get out of Cincy without proper compensation, find his way to another team, and be successful. That just doesn't seem right.

My point is this: Chad has shown since 2006 that he is not happy. We have watched his game execution and performance decline. We have seen him become a distraction and affect the team's chemistry. Chad is showing already this year he does not plan on changing. How does having him on this team add anything to what the Bengals and ML are trying to build? Chad no longer fits and the Bengals are delaying the inevitable by keeping him at the expense of their positive growth.

It's easy enough to keep him from being a cancer. If he wants to be that guy, he'll give the Bengals plenty of opportunities to suspend him.

If that happens, not only does he give some of the money back... but he doesn't win.

If by the off chance he chooses not to be a cancer, one of two things will happen. He'll either get his act together, and be productive, or he won't and he'll just sit there letting his talent go to waste. That's totally his choice, and it's on his shoulders. I don't give a s**t what happens to him anymore... just so long as he doesn't get out of Cincy without proper compensation, find his way to another team, and be successful. That just doesn't seem right.

I hear you but that's alot of wishful thinking. I personally don't care what Chad does with another team because we have seen and continue to see that Chad on the Bengals=disappointment. What changes have we seen thus far that suggest he will "turn it around"?

I hear you but that's alot of wishful thinking. I personally don't care what Chad does with another team because we have seen and continue to see that Chad on the Bengals=disappointment. What changes have we seen thus far that suggest he will "turn it around"?

I'm not saying he will turn it around. Only that I don't think he deserves to turn it around with another team until his contract expires, or the Bengal receive fair compensation.

I'm not saying he will turn it around. Only that I don't think he deserves to turn it around with another team until his contract expires, or the Bengal receive fair compensation.

I agree completely if I am solely looking at Chad Johnson as a player and a person. The principle of the matter goes along with what you are saying. He doesn't deserve to turn it around with another team and the Bengals do deserve fair compensation.

But...at what cost to this team's chances of winning and development. The idealist in me agrees with you. The Bengals fan in me wants to see my team win and I don't see the Bengals with Chad Johnson increasing their chances to win. To me, with CJ on the team he can only add disruption and negativity. Things the Bengals don't need if they are going to turn it around. CJ won't be here next year. What are the chances that he helps the team this year? He's already shown that attending a Lakers game is more important to him than being with his team.

To me, with CJ on the team he can only add disruption and negativity.

I don't think I agree with you here. If he becomes negative again, he can be suspended. If he doesn't, who cares?

How easy can it be to suspend him with the NFLPA weighing in? Has he ever been suspended in the past? Do you trust MB to suspend him? I honestly don't know. You may be right.