Reds vs. Phillies

ArmyBengal

Ok, they are back at home against the Phillies with Cueto on the mound to start the series. Owings and Harang will get the 2nd and 3rd start for the series. The Reds are now 3.5 games back after the Brewers won their 6th straight while sweeping the Cards. The Phillies are 20-16 and tied at the top of the NL East, so this should prove to be an interesting series for the Reds. Votto stayed in San Diego for further observation and isn't expected to be in the lineup tonight. Here's to hoping he starts feeling better because the Reds are going to need him. This series is also a chance for the Reds to improve upon their 2nd to worst home record in the majors right now.

The lack of offense is killing them again. Votto being out hurts a lot. They had runners in scoring postion in the 7th, 8th, and 9th, but could get it done. Cueto goes 7, but gives up 7 hits and 4 runs with a homer. All 4 runs were earned. Taveras is in a monster slump right now going 0-5 last night but is currently 0 for his last 19.

Maybe Owings can get something going tonight. I also saw where they put reliever Nick Masset on the DL and brought up Ramon Ramirez from Triple-A Louisville. I'm not real familiar with the kid. Anyone care to input ??

I don't follow baseball nearly as much as football... but is there any talk of Harang getting comeback player of the year? This guy was awful last year, and most people thought his time had passed... and then he comes out and looks like he thinks it '06.

Sure... he's only 4-4, but he's got a 3.19 ERA and 52 K's in 59 innings. Dude's a beast again.

They really need to string together 5-6 wins and regain their momentum!

That won't be happening I guess. The Phillies blasted the Reds 12-5 today. :angry:

“We couldn’t keep Jimmy Rollins off the bases, and Utley and their big boys hit the ball out of the ballpark,” Reds manager Dusty Baker said. “You knew they were going to erupt, and they erupted today. Everybody knows they can hit.”

Well maybe Cincy needs a bit more help in the pitching department?