DHL 400

Kirkendall

Seeing how WHO DEY AGAIN works for DHL, I can't believe he's not sounded off on this race yet!

I'm going with Jimmy Johnson on this one, (he's currently the hottest driver on the circuit!) with possibly Mark Martin or Jeremy Mayfield. I'm done picking Gordon. he's done nuthin' lately!

I'm done picking Gordon. he's done nuthin' lately!

You say it like it's a bad thing Billy?

I'm gonna agree with you Billy. I don't think I'd be betting against Jimmie Johnson right now. I also think Matt Kenseth will have a good race and for my Yates pick I'm gonna say Dale Jarrett.

Jarrett had a good showing at Pocono until his engine blew on the final few laps.. I thought he had at least a top five finish..

I was a bit gutted by that. But that's the risk you take running a new engine for 500 miles (actually I read it's the equivilant to about 10k(?) miles cause of the shear stress they take, especially at a track like Pocono) But I expect a much stronger showing from the 88 team and all of the Yates/Roush engines. It helps that DJ has a history at the track as well.

Didn't Kenseth and Busch have the new engines too? Maybe Martin too.. I'm not sure..

I think most of the Ford teams had the new engines. I know Martin did and his engine went poof.

Jeff Burton also had an engine go south.

I know Elliot Sadler had a new engine and it didn't pack it up, so I'd say that both Kenseth and Busch had them as well.

Not sure. I know there were used in a few cars at the Winston, none in the 600 but I'm not sure about Dover.

I guess it's a risk versus reward sorta deal....But I did read a comment Mark Martin made that it wasn't the new engines fault. Who knows? It's not like teams are gonna admit they screwed up.

Pole has all Hendrick cars.. Gordon, Vickers, and Johnson round up the top 3.

Great...as soon as I bad mouth Gordon he wins the pole! :o

You know, with Johnson third in qualifying, I may go to Vegas and bet him to win the race.... how do you go against a guy crushing everyone else like he has?!

Good win by Newman and Kahne looked to have it with one more lap, but that's ok.. 2 Dodges go one, two. Dodge takes this one!

I thought Mayfield would have a better showing but started falling back towards the end.. had a good top 10 - 15 showing for a portion of the race.

More unfortunate luck for Martin in 2 straight weeks.

Jarrett had a good showing as did Marlin, but grabbing four didn't help him at all..

Hendrick cars had a few misfortunes.. I know everyone of you hate Gordon, but he had a hella-fast hot rod and was well on his way to winning it in a big way. Maybe Gordon's and Labonte's blown engine made JJ a little hesitant till the end.

Looks like JJ took the points lead over Jr. by 7 points.

Looks like JJ took the points lead over Jr. by 7 points.

I knew Junior wouldn't hold the points lead forever, but I don't doubt in the least he'll be in it for the top 10 "race-off."

They sure have been lucky. Waltrip has had a good run, which should shut JR up somewhat when he's complaining about the #15 cars' recent "bad runs".

But, it does seem to me that Waltrip needs a little kick to get started.