5th Round Pre-Pick Thread

ArmyBengal

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in no particular order - best player who fits our system and who is a solid citizen and is one of the following

RB (kr/pr preferred)

CB (kr/pr preferred)

OL (yeah, one more, please)

P

FB

(and have I mentioned I dont want to see ANY wideouts? - NONE I tell you!)

(ok, ok, maybe one with the final pick)

Is it too high to go full back?

Bringing back J.Johnson and just hoping he's in good shape I'd say put it off till the 6th or so but do bring in someone to compete....

How many more picks do they have?

Well we've had 5 picks so far so I think we have 6 left

5th,6th,6th,7th,7th,7th

If Duke Robinson slips that far, then he is a no-brainer...Bobbie Williams has been solid and injury-proof but we need to keep planning ahead.

I like the RB Ian Johnson...

OT Xavier Fulton could be there...

CB DJ Moore, CB Carey Harris...

Ringer, Brown, Jennings, Ian Johnson -- any one of those RBs would be fine with me in the 5th.

in no particular order - best player who fits our system and who is a solid citizen and is one of the following

RB (kr/pr preferred)

CB (kr/pr preferred)

P

FB

Agreed. Wouldnt mind DJ Moore if he is there or even Duke Robinson or Herman Johnson.

I think it would be time for a RB maybe Jennings or Andre Brown.

BPA

I have a confession: I'd like to see the Bengals take Graham Harrell. Not in the fifth, but maybe their comp. pick in the 6th or one of their picks in the 7th. I don't like O'Sullivan and Little Palmer as our two backups. Harrell is the type of player who could learn the offense and turn into a great backup.

I have a confession: I'd like to see the Bengals take Graham Harrell. Not in the fifth, but maybe their comp. pick in the 6th or one of their picks in the 7th. I don't like O'Sullivan and Little Palmer as our two backups. Harrell is the type of player who could learn the offense and turn into a great backup.

Agree. I have brought his name up as well. I think someone like Indy could grab him...he can sling it around in Peyton's offense...

If CP goes down again, I think this team will be better with JT than with Fitzsack-a-lot. O-line, running game, and Defense all improved since Friday.

RB (kr/pr preferred)

CB (kr/pr preferred)

P

FB

I like Joe Burnette CB/KR/PR - and one of the best CB's in the draft.

Player Pos Cl Gm Puntret Yds TDs Ydsret Retpgm

1 Antonio Brown, Central Mich. WR SO 13 20 410 1 20.50 1.54

2 Ian Clark, New Mexico DB JR 10 12 236 0 19.67 1.20

3 Dez Bryant, Oklahoma St. WR SO 13 17 305 2 17.94 1.31

4 Kyle Williams, Arizona St. WR JR 11 14 238 0 17.00 1.27

5 Robert Dunn, Auburn WR SR 11 15 240 1 16.00 1.36

6 Javier Arenas, Alabama DB JR 14 41 650 3 15.85 2.93

7 Phillip Livas, Louisiana Tech WR SO 13 16 245 2 15.31 1.23

8 Ray Small, Ohio St. WR JR 11 24 364 1 15.17 2.18

9 T.Y. Hilton, Florida Int'l WR FR 12 18 266 1 14.78 1.50

10 Joe Burnett, UCF DB SR 12 26 378 0 14.54 2.17

Player Pos Cl Gm Kickret Yds TDs Avg Ret/Gm

1 Travis Shelton, Temple WR SR 11 23 720 1 31.30 2.09

2 Michael Ray Garvin, Florida St. DB SR 12 22 662 1 30.09 1.83

3 Perrish Cox, Oklahoma St. DB JR 13 30 895 2 29.83 2.31

4 A.J. Jefferson, Fresno St. DB JR 11 31 908 1 29.29 2.82

5 Aaron Brown, TCU RB SR 10 18 526 1 29.22 1.80

6 Bryan Williams, Akron DB SR 12 21 609 0 29.00 1.75

7 Joe Burnett, UCF DB SR 12 26 745 2 28.65 2.17

Joe Burnett, Central Florida

Height: 5-9. Weight: 192.

Projected 40 Time: 4.50.

Combine 40 Time: 4.51.

Benchx225: 22. Vertical: .

Projected Round: 5-6.

2/23/09: Joe Burnett measured two inches shorter than Central Florida listed him. That won't matter on kick returns.

12/13/08: An All-Conference USA first teamer and a member of an All-America Second Team, Joe Burnett enjoyed a great senior season. Burnett had 44 tackles, 11 passes broken up and 4.5 TFL. He also was superb on special teams, blocking a kick and taking a pair of kickoffs back for touchdowns.

5/17/08: Joe Burnett had six interceptions in 2007, giving him a total of 12 for his career.

2007: Joe Burnett has decided to stay for his senior year after declaring for the 2008 NFL Draft.

Burnett played a lot as a freshman, but was hampered by an ankle injury as a sophomore. Now in his junior year, Joe Burnett is making all the plays; he had a great game in a near upset against Texas.

Jennings (RB) and Freeman (OLB) c ould be used on special teams. Sidbury could be used to replace Geathers if he is not ready to go.

Cadogan (1st team all Big 10 Tackle) and Robinson would give the Bengals added OL depth and help protect Carson.

Macho ws a cb/kr for VT and did well. Mickens is only available due to the injury and could excell at CB and on special teams.

DJ Moore just went, but we will have to wait until it gets closer to really get a feel for who we take. I still think there is going to be someone there we weren't expecting. I have brought up numerous time with all the comp picks we have, we could package our picks at the top of the 6th and 7th and move right back into the top of the 5th to get someone there. It would be a great value move and still leave us with the comp picks to build depth or projects. Hell give me a FB in the late end of things so J. Johnson doesn't think the job is being given to him and I will be happy !!!