• Jeremy Maclin (WR)
    • Andre Smith (OT)
    • Michael Oher (OT)
    • Brian Orakpo (DE)
    • Everette Brown (DE)
    • Rey Maualuga (ILB)
    • B.J. Raji (DT)
    • Other

This is the Poll we are doing to let the forum decide as a majority who the Bengals take at the #6 pick.

This is under the premise that we AREN'T trading down and staying put at #6.

Vote "other" if you think one of the guys that probably won't fall WILL... (Monroe, Curry, J. Smith)

I will leave this thread open until the Bengals are on the clock.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Smith as well. I know everyone talks about his recent problems, but when he is on the field he is dominant. If the bengals go defense, I would want Rey, but I hope the pick is Smith.

Please diregard the "sis". I did not even realize that I had typed that in.

I voted for Smith as well. I know everyone talks about his recent problems, but when he is on the field he is dominant. If the bengals go defense, I would want Rey, but I hope the pick is Smith.

Please diregard the "sis". I did not even realize that I had typed that in.

I fixed it for you !!!

I wanna vote for Orakpo but with the reasoning he won't be available when we pick... I'll go with someone else but if he is there at 6th I'll be pissed lol

-Monroe gone

-Jason Smith more likely gone

-Orakpo Gone

-BJ Raji Pot head character risk pass.

I would love to have Orakpo as well but I don't think there is anyway Cleveland passes on him. Andre is the most proven offensive tackle in the draft. I wouldn't be mad if we drafted Monroe but I'd be ticked if we drafted Jason Smith. Smith is the prototypical bust prospect. He doesn't have ideal size, has short arms (which increases bench reps), and not much tape against top tier defenses. Andre has dominated against top tier defenses for 4 years.

We can relook if those players are there that we don't think will be. We have time before we make the pick for the Bengals and can address it further if someone slips.

Give me the Seahawks in the draft so I can take Andre Smith just so the Bengals don't take him.....lol The guy has the talent, I am just afraid that his head is up his ass. Number 6 has had a high bust rate in the past!

We can relook if those players are there that we don't think will be. We have time before we make the pick for the Bengals and can address it further if someone slips.

Give me the Seahawks in the draft so I can take Andre Smith just so the Bengals don't take him.....lol The guy has the talent, I am just afraid that his head is up his ass. Number 6 has had a high bust rate in the past!

I think Andre Smith will be fine in the NFL, I think he got embarrased by this whole thing with him leaving the draft and about his workouts. Hopefully all of this will put a chip on his shoulder, like the old saying goes film does not lie and when you turn it on he is kicking ass on it everytime man boobs and all. The other two tackles will be gone by time we pick so he will only be the logical choice at number six. Some people will say B.J. Raji, but we already have Cheech (Henry) we don't need Chong. Plus Defensive Tackles are not that dominate to me out of college until they have a few years of seasoning in the NFL, they quickly learn that most of those moves that was working the college level does not work in the NFL. I see more offensive linemen coming out and going to probowls their first three years then Defensive Tackles. I'm looking for them to sign a center in round too also, but they do need another running back to help Benson, Perry should not be in the mix at all I would rather have Warrick Dunn at this late point in his career then Chris Perry.

Even with the other tackles you have to still consider Andre...

Monroe-Knee Problems...Seems like a great left tackle though...

Jason Smith-Has the Athleticism but can he adjust quick enough to make a impact this year?

Andre Smith-Man Boobs? Indeed.....Non Impressive work out? Yup....Considered the best players in this years draft till the combine because of what he did on the field? Yup....

It's hard to ignore what Andre did on the field for three years just because of what he did in March of 09'...

It's hard to ignore what Andre did on the field for three years just because of what he did in March of 09'...

Yep yep yep.

This is why I don't get why people think he's all about the money. He was elite in Highschool... when a pay day was 5 or 6 years away. He was elite in all three years in college game after game when there was no chance of being drafted until this year.

There had to be something else driving him for all those years. If he was truly just money hungry, he would have known to be ready for the most important job interview of his life.

The dude can play. That's all I really need to know.

Yep yep yep.

The funniest thing I've seen in some time was Mike Mayock, swallowing hard, mocking Smith at #6 because...."the tape doesn't lie".

Yeah... that's something I miss about Hoosier. He always kept an up to date polling of who the mock drafts had the Bengals taking. From what I can tell, most mocks have the Bengals taking Raji (that might change as mockers see that the Bengals signed Tank), with Crabtree coming in 2nd, and Andre Smith a distant 3rd. A few have Monroe falling to #6.

I say, either take Smith or trade down. I want no part of Crabtree, and don't see anyone else that is worth a #6 pick.

Hoosier is a poster here that also does his thing over at Stripehype.com. In years past he would keep track of all the mocks and who they had the Bengals drafting at their position. He does a really great job of keeping track of all of them, but he has it up and running over at his site. We looked into doing the same thing here, but no one had the time required to keep up with all of that.

I still want to see the Bengals trade down, but the target stays the same. Trade down to get additional picks and still take A. Smith.

Sadly enough, we could trade down to #20, take A. Smith, and STILL get BLASTED for making the pick. The media will just have a field day in saying "Should have figured the Bengals would take a chance on A. Smith" and totally ignore the fact that he is THE most dominant OT in this draft.

So whatever happened to guys like Hoosier, B24, and Skyline? None of them really post here anymore.

Hoosier is doing his thing over at Stripehype, B24 is alive and well, and Skyline is around. They've just had other things going on and have been handling them.