The Vikings playing it smart???

OK, so going through the recent trade of Cutler I find it hard to believe that the Vikings didn't make a move for him. But, after consideration I reached the following conclusion:

1. They didn't want to rip up their long term longevity by trading away three consecutive drafts. (2 for Cutler, 1 for Allen)

2. Most importantly, they are waiting for Mike Vick to get out of prison so they can sign him. They already have a s**tty version of him on their team, why wouldn't they want the real thing.

Mike Vick would be nasty in Minny and I think he deserves a chance for redemption.

I think Mike Vick is a f*cking idiot to piss away all that he had for some f*cking dogs, but hey, whatever...

I have no issues with him at least trying to make a comeback.

Yea he is an idiot, the dude lost over 100 million dollars. I think he defiantly needs another shot, especially considering the fact that his crime wasn't as bad as it could have been. It isn't like he killed someone, or did drugs, or raped someone.

I think Mike Vick is a f*cking idiot to piss away all that he had for some f*cking dogs, but hey, whatever...

I have no issues with him at least trying to make a comeback.

Yea he is an idiot, the dude lost over 100 million dollars. I think he defiantly needs another shot, especially considering the fact that his crime wasn't as bad as it could have been. It isn't like he killed someone, or did drugs, or raped someone.

I guess it depends on who you talk to, but there are some avid lovers of dogs and I would bet they would be more comfortable with Vick smoking some weed than fighting dogs. Murder ?? Rape ?? Sure I agree, but I hate to hear people say he definitely needs another shot "because" he lost over 100 millions dollars (I'm not saying you are one of those people), because that is his own fault and NFL players seem to have a real issue with being able to take responsibility for their own actions.

**cough** Chad **cough**

Either way, I really can't being myself to care that much about what happens with Vick, because I never viewed him as anything more than a very good athlete who happens to play QB. He has done nothing and is not in a position to really help a team in need at this point.

My opinion of Vick is based on the way he treated the animals under his care. I place great importance on how a person cares for their pets. Dogs, cats, birds, or a tiny goldfish in a bowl. If you neglect or abuse them, that reflects on the kind of person you really are.

• 2 weeks later...
My opinion of Vick is based on the way he treated the animals under his care. I place great importance on how a person cares for their pets. Dogs, cats, birds, or a tiny goldfish in a bowl. If you neglect or abuse them, that reflects on the kind of person you really are.

Agreed, Vick is a piece of crap and I hope he never steps foot on an NFL field again.

Agreed, Vick is a piece of crap and I hope he never steps foot on an NFL field again.

he is piece of crap but yet i want him to come back to football so defense players who love dogs can take shot at him.

• 3 weeks later...

i don't see any difference in what vick did, to those who trophy hunt. it's not ok to fight a dog but, it ok to go in to the woods and blow away any animal to put his head on your wall. gime me a f**king break. then in alaska you get a reward if you kill a wolf and then bring back it's amputated paw. if it's a pet you better not harm it, if it's not then it's ok to blow the f**king thing away? or how about animal shelters? in ohio if a pitbull is picked up by the pound and not claimed, they kill it. but thats ok because there doing the community a favor and there are doing what they call humane?

Once he pays his debt to society all should be forgivin but not forgotten. I think that if he would have shot and killed someone there wouldnt be as big as a fuss about it. Hell Ray Lewis's body gaurd killed someone while ray lewis was standing there and people didnt even blink an eye when he came back.

i don't see any difference in what vick did, to those who trophy hunt. it's not ok to fight a dog but, it ok to go in to the woods and blow away any animal to put his head on your wall. gime me a f**king break. then in alaska you get a reward if you kill a wolf and then bring back it's amputated paw. if it's a pet you better not harm it, if it's not then it's ok to blow the f**king thing away? or how about animal shelters? in ohio if a pitbull is picked up by the pound and not claimed, they kill it. but thats ok because there doing the community a favor and there are doing what they call humane?

There are too many justifiable reasons for hunting to go into here, equating mistreatment of confined animals to hunting in any form is a stretch.

That said, Trophy hunting is a practice that should be stopped, there is no reason that the animals killed for trophy conquest could not be donated as food to the needy. This way many people benefit from the animal and not just one selfish prick!!

As for the bounty on wolves in Alaska, exponential growth in the wolf population is the greatest threat to continued health/abundance of them. Dont question years of game management studies just because the practice calls for the control of a population through hunting.

Once he pays his debt to society all should be forgivin but not forgotten. I think that if he would have shot and killed someone there wouldnt be as big as a fuss about it. Hell Ray Lewis's body gaurd killed someone while ray lewis was standing there and people didnt even blink an eye when he came back.

Sorry, but Rae Carruth killed his girlfriend and he is still in jail. There is a difference between being there and pulling the trigger.

Sorry, but Rae Carruth killed his girlfriend and he is still in jail. There is a difference between being there and pulling the trigger.

In many jurisdictions, if you ordered the killing, there's no legal distinction at all. Nor, in my opinion, should there be.

Now, they never proved that Ray did order a hit, so that should be mentioned too.

There are too many justifiable reasons for hunting to go into here, equating mistreatment of confined animals to hunting in any form is a stretch.

That said, Trophy hunting is a practice that should be stopped, there is no reason that the animals killed for trophy conquest could not be donated as food to the needy. This way many people benefit from the animal and not just one selfish prick!!

As for the bounty on wolves in Alaska, exponential growth in the wolf population is the greatest threat to continued health/abundance of them. Dont question years of game management studies just because the practice calls for the control of a population through hunting.

hunting, if not for food, there's no reason for it. trophy hunting i totally agree with you on that. as for alaska no, there are other methods to control animal populations, that doesn't involve death.