Music

The Brew Man

Bout time for an off-topic thread dont ya think?

List some of your favorite music artists here....me, Im almost into music as much as our Bengals, favorite artists include.

U2

REM

Wilco

Sigur Ros

Ryan Adams/ Whiskeytown

The Black Keys

Radiohead

Bjork

Natalie Merchant

Nicklecreek

Lyle Lovett

Idlewild

The Cure

Morrissey

The Smiths

i could go on, and on........ B)

I think I just fell headlong into the generation gap. The few from your list I recognize are

u2 and REM. I like some of everything from Jazz to Rock to Classical. I don't like country & western - bluegrass - or oldies ....... I'm old enough that I heard them the first time. I didn't like a lot of them then and I darn sure don't like them now.

Favorites include - Dave Brubeck - Gerry Sullivan - Thelonius Monk - David Sanborn

Vocalists - Kool and the Gang ( Johanna ) Etta James ( At Last ) to my suprise, R Kelly when he's not rapping. One of the best vocalists I've heard for a lot of years.

Stevie Ray Vaughan - BB KIng - Joe Cocker - Bob Seeger ( yeah I know ) ZZ TOP .............. I liked the Supernatural CD from Santana, but to tell you the truth till it came out I thought he was dead.

Vivaldi - Beethoven - Handel - some Mozart but not much.

Hate - Alanis Morisette sounds like she has a spastic diaphragm - Macy Gray Sounds like a seasick elf thats sucked helium - anybody that wears a cowboy hat especially if its too big for them.

Best take on music I've heard was from my sons music appreciation prof. I asked him what type of music he liked for his personal listening as opposed to what he had to use in classes. He said There are really only two types of music. Good music and bad music. I like good music no matter what form it takes. Don't know if it was original or if he got it from someone else, but I really liked it as an answer.

redsfan, no worries about a gen gap, its easy to miss a ton of music as there is soooo much coming out on a regular basis. Im quite the "junkie" when it comes to indie rock and many other genres of music. There is alot of "bad" music out there for sure, and Im probably wayyyy to critical of pop music in general.

However, someone once told me that if you expand your music interests, then everything you already listen to will be more enjoyable too. B)