Beanie Wells?

HAPPYJAQ

I live in Louisville, so I haven't followed Beanie as closely as some of you have. I watched his interview on the NFL Network where he said he expects to run in the 4.4 range. At 6'1'' and 235 pounds, a time in the low 4.4's may boost him into the top-10 range with his college production. Also consider that there are no clear cut #1 RB's, with most of the top prospects in the 200-215 pound range and most likely complimentary backs in the NFL. I also don't see any of these RB's running a blazing 40 in Indy, like Chris Johnson did last year.

With questions surrounding the return of Ced and really no quality every-down backs on the roster, would you be happy with Beanie as a 1st round pick? I know he's been banged up some but I would like to know if he's the typical Big Ten RB who excels in college and is out the league in a few seasons or if he's truly a franchise back. Charlie Casserly said that everyone he's talked to said that he's Jamal Lewis the 2nd, despite his injuries. Gruden talked him up, too.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Buckeye fan I would lov to see Wells in the Orange and Black. He could help the Bengals

establish the power run the team needs. As a Bengal fan, as much as I want to see Wells, I believe 6 is a bit high and I believe the team has other more pressing needs.

If the Bengals trade down into the teens and pick up some additional picks, I would be happy with Beanie in stripes. I would just hope the team would not allow him to play in the preseason at Detroit. Detroit has been

very unkind in th pre-season to Cincy Rookie running backs.

His measureables look very appealing and I always liked him at OSU, but durability just looks to risky for me.

I believe there are two levels of risky:

#1: Regular risky...tends to get nicked up occasionally and miss a game or two.

#2: Chris Perry risky...tends to get nicked up most the time and miss whole seasons.

Where does Beanie fall?

the knock on him at osu was he is soft. coach tressel did not play him a lot as a freshman because of it. me personally i lost respect for him in the texas bowl game. osu got down by 2 scores and it look like florida and lsu all over again, bennie pulled himself out of the game and said he was hurt. BS the guy f**king quit on us!!!!!!!!!!!!!! donald washington on more than 1 occasion had to be dragged of the field because of cramps, he keep coming back and playing despite cramping.

now fortunately for the bengals we do have anderson as our rb coach. jim has done pretty good job with the rb's here. maybe jim can instill a little toughness in wells if we do draft him.

His measureables look very appealing and I always liked him at OSU, but durability just looks to risky for me.

I believe there are two levels of risky:

#1: Regular risky...tends to get nicked up occasionally and miss a game or two.

#2: Chris Perry risky...tends to get nicked up most the time and miss whole seasons.

Where does Beanie fall?

Based on the above Billy, I would say 1.5. Or, right in between both of those examples. I don't think he's got bust written on him, but I'm just not ready to risk the #6 pick on him either.

As for the Brandon Jacobs comparisons, as I said before, I like his measureables, but:

Brandon Jacobs: 6'4, 265

Beanie Wells: 6'1, 235

Close but not quite...

Wells has all the talent to make a great RB, but he also has the knack for getting knicked almost every season. #6 is too high for him, with all the other holes that need to be filled. If all the Benagls needed was a power back with break-away speed, to be a contender, than he would be my choice.

I live in Louisville, so I haven't followed Beanie as closely as some of you have. I watched his interview on the NFL Network where he said he expects to run in the 4.4 range. At 6'1'' and 235 pounds, a time in the low 4.4's may boost him into the top-10 range with his college production. Also consider that there are no clear cut #1 RB's, with most of the top prospects in the 200-215 pound range and most likely complimentary backs in the NFL. I also don't see any of these RB's running a blazing 40 in Indy, like Chris Johnson did last year.

With questions surrounding the return of Ced and really no quality every-down backs on the roster, would you be happy with Beanie as a 1st round pick? I know he's been banged up some but I would like to know if he's the typical Big Ten RB who excels in college and is out the league in a few seasons or if he's truly a franchise back. Charlie Casserly said that everyone he's talked to said that he's Jamal Lewis the 2nd, despite his injuries. Gruden talked him up, too.

Any thoughts?

Say no to Beanie and yes to Knowshown.

Moreno is going to be a superstar in the NFL!

if he really runs a low 4.4 somebody will take a chance on him early in the draft. most of the highly rated RB's are pretty light and more of the complimentary type. lesean mccoy apparently has the flu and lost 10 pounds before the weigh-in but like a true gamer has decided to participate anyway.

They're saying that McCoy and Moreno both will should run in the 4.45 range. It's a good chance the Beanie will be the fastest RB at the Combine, amongst the higher rated guys (Moreno, McCoy, Donald Brown and Wells).

With everybody searching for the next Adrian Peterson, Beanie will be a top 15 pick if he runs fast.....Possibly even a top 10 pick.