OT prospects

Wraith

1) Andre Smith: THE reason why Alabama didn't beat Utah. Massive Road Grader who would look great as a Bengal. Strong Powerful Punch, simply stops people in their tracks. Mirrors well and could play either LT or RT. Faced superior opposition in College. One GLARING issue, signing with an agent before the end of the season indicates to me that he puts himself ahead of the team, I would have major issues with that.

2) Michael Oher: Has the entire package physically, is strong, quick can be just about anything you need him to be....unfortuneately his scouting report comes with two issues...IMMATURE, requires extra coaching and hand holding, doesn't alway play up to his potential without alot of coaxing...DUMB, and this breaks my cardinal rule, DON'T DRAFT DUMB FOOTBALL PLAYERS!

3) Eugene Monroe: Not as physically gifted as Oher nor as big as Smith but there is one thing about Monroe that cannot be argued. He was so good in college as a junior that he made Brandon Albert (15th overall pick in 2008) start as a guard and Albert was good enough to start week one in the NFL as a LT. Smart, Athletic, good power, great technique, four year starter, in short the ONLY LT prospect in this draft that is a sure thing.

4) Jason Smith: Projects to be a great pass protector in the pros, Smart, Quick. Not nearly as powerful as the previous three nor as good a prospect. Might start as a liability in the run game and had very little experience in college playing "three yards and a cloud of dust" football and might simply not be capable of that in the NFL. Only a Bengals prospect if they trade out of the top ten.

And here ends the list of LT prospects that could make an immediate impact on the Bengals team. Since Smith will be long gone by 6 only Monroe is a viable prospect for that Bengals at 6 IMHO. I would be comfortable with that selection though I would prefer either Maualuga or Raji.

You may be able to also add Eben Britton out of Arizona, but I'm not sure after that. In my opinion, all of those guys to include Britton may all go in the first round and I would bet a large amount of money that NONE will be there when we pick in the second. The Lions and Rams will see to that. If we truly want a LT, then the pick has to come in the first. If we think we are at least stable at LT with the possibility of Levi coming back healthy and Collins, then we wait and go RT later on. There is a guy I like at RT and will discuss further when I do a new mock draft.

You may be able to also add Eben Britton out of Arizona, but I'm not sure after that. In my opinion, all of those guys to include Britton may all go in the first round and I would bet a large amount of money that NONE will be there when we pick in the second. The Lions and Rams will see to that. If we truly want a LT, then the pick has to come in the first. If we think we are at least stable at LT with the possibility of Levi coming back healthy and Collins, then we wait and go RT later on. There is a guy I like at RT and will discuss further when I do a new mock draft.

There is also the potential of moving Whitworth to LT and taking a guy like Phil Loadholt in the 2nd (possibly 3rd) who will probably be an elite Guard, and could end up being a very solid tackle.

I feel much more comfortable with Whitworth at LG than LT personally. Though I like Loadholt as a good mid-round find, I don't think he did himself any favors at the Senior Bowl and I have serious questions regarding his ability to stop elite pass rushers....see the Texas game where he was OWNED by Orakpo.