Ravens' Lewis rips into Terrell Owens

*from Sporting News.com*

Ray Lewis, appearing on Sporting News Radio's Tim Brando Show, ripped into Owens for his handling of the situation, saying "Sooner or later he's gonna have to run into me one way or the other. It's hard to respect guys that pose and do things like that."

It's not a good idea to make Ray Lewis angry.

After Owens and agent David Joseph missed a February deadline to void the remainder of his contract with the 49ers and make him a free agent, San Francisco traded the temperamental wide receiver to Baltimore. But the players association stepped in and Owens was on the verge of being declared a free agent before the parties reached a deal that ended with Owens being traded from the 49ers to the Eagles for defensive end Brandon Whiting. The Ravens got a fifth-round pick for allowing the whole thing to go through after thinking they had traded for Owens.

"He is a man that went against his word," Lewis said of Owens. "He did so many wrong things in the process of treating it like a business. He didn't treat it like a business and it put a lot of people in jeopardy and it created a lot of controversy and it was unnecessary."

Owens and the Eagles are scheduled to face the Ravens in Week 8 (Oct. 31).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I SOOO hope Ray catches T.O. coming over the middle, but knowing Terrell, he won't have the balls, or will short arm the ball. His history demonstrates it's all about him, not the team!

Too bad the Bengals are going to have to wait until the Super Bowl to bitch slap Owens! The Bengals win in a 44-17 final score by the way!

What? Like the Eagle won't choke!?! They choke more than the girls in a lolita deep throat video! :lol:

I'm not so sure that Ray Lewis isn't doing this for marketing reasons to further promote their matchup. I mean, he's got the perfect storyline and it would instantly gain interest forcing this game into a national one (if it wasn't already). That's just another perspective...

I think Ray Lewis' comments were said more out of fear of their upcoming season, than by the events that lead Owens becoming an Eagle !

The Ravens recently completed their first of many off season workouts and practices etc, and he saw the talent at wide receiver first hand, and said to himself " GEEESH " I could have killed better receivers than what we've got here :lol: !!

So after seeing how bad they were first hand, he cried about Owens....again ! It's been 2 months now, give it up Ray, He ain't coming ! :lol:

I'm not so sure that Ray Lewis isn't doing this for marketing reasons to further promote their matchup. I mean, he's got the perfect storyline and it would instantly gain interest forcing this game into a national one (if it wasn't already). That's just another perspective...

The league won't make this a national game because they don't want the controversy surrounding Owen's strong arming the NFL out of SF to the team of his choice.

This to me would have been a perfect Monday Night affair.

I wonder if Da Killa' is going to be alone this time--or have his posse and get arrested for accessory???

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I just wonder what it's like to be an Offensive Player and look across the middle of the Ravens' Defense and see Ray Lewis. How about being an Offensive Guard on an opposing team and saying to yourself:

"I have to go block this guy--and he actually KILLED somebody??? Holy Schnikies!!!!"