Jeremi Johnson cut....

HairOnFire

Jeremi Johnson cut

By GEOFF HOBSON

November 26, 2008

The Bengals wont only be in the market for running backs next year, but also a fullback.

Jeremi Johnson, who the Bengals once made the NFL's richest fullback, was released off injured reserve Wednesday. Johnson, a fourth-round pick in 2003 hounded by weight and conditioning issues the past few seasons, went on season-ending injured reserve four days before the opener with a knee problem he suffered in a Sept. 1 practice.

They also cut fullback Reagan Mauia with an injury settlement. A second-year pro, Maui'a played in two games this season with no stats. He had been on IR since injuring his hamstring in practice last month.

Not a big surprise, the writing had been on the wall for some time now.

BTW, for those keeping track, the NFL team that used to have the most Johnson's in the league (Rudi,Jeremi,Landon,Chad) might have only 1 next year....Brandon Johnson....

I was thinking wait a second I thought chad was going no where,then it dawned on me he's ochocinco now.