paranoia/bengal dom

I hope someone here saw the show on the NFL Network about Farve and how they slowly brought him up to speed. His assistant coaches were Andy Reid, Marty Morningwig, and the Mooch. They had his back and gave him a little at a time and he bloomed! I hope Mikey is patient.

Don't forget about Holmgren and Gruden. I mean, Favre is a different circumstance than most QBs; he's always been surrounded by great coaching.

If Palmer is in, and he does struggle. No matter how bad it gets, he needs to go struggle through it. You can't take him out just because we're not winning. This is his job, as soon as we take it away from him for bad play, then we lose him.

I still don't expect to have a great season and make the playoffs, so everyone's struggles could, and should happen this season. Next year, well I'm thinking Super Bowl.

Man I ain't even gonna vote on this. The only way Kitna will start from this point out is (God forbid) an injury to Carson. THAT'S IT!

Marvin Lewis AIN'T Dick LeBlow!  <_<

Come on Billy. If they are 0-4 and it is all clearly palmer's fault then I will be leading the charge to put kitna back in there. Just like Kenny Anderson went back in to save Jack Thompson. :o

Maybe I just need to keep reminding myself that Coach Lewis is the real deal. :player:

I don't see Palmer coming out of the lineup regardless of the record. Now, if it is HIS fault alone (Doubtful) maybe ML would consider it. However, based on what we've seen as far as keeping things quiet within the organization, everyone would be told it's because Palmer is hurt not because of performance. The poll is not offensive as we need something to discuss during offseason. You want to talk about offensive, read up on John Kerry !!! Anyway, counting the time until the season starts !!!

WHODEY !!!

Man I ain't even gonna vote on this. The only way Kitna will start from this point out is (God forbid) an injury to Carson. THAT'S IT!

Come on Billy. If they are 0-4 and it is all clearly palmer's fault then I will be leading the charge to put kitna back in there. Just like Kenny Anderson went back in to save Jack Thompson. :o

Maybe I just need to keep reminding myself that Coach Lewis is the real deal. :player:

If Palmer does get jerked within the first 5 games, it could very well become a "Drew Brees" type of situation. The Bungles as a franchise would take a flight of stairs-step backwards.

It could also mean that Mikey would get a hard-on over drafting Matt Leinhart when he becomes available.

It would be very scary.

:o

How could you say that?

If Kitna got us off to a 0-4 start and EVERYONE was calling for his head, why can't we give Palmer the same opportunity? Coach Lewis wouldn't name Palmer the starter if he's gonna yank him out every time he blunders....CL realizes he's a rookie and he's gotta get his lumps....

Sheesh

:ph34r: This is the Bengals of old thinking....

WHO started this thread/poll, Barbell?

And yeah, you need to remind yourself Coach Lewis is the real deal, and he has a plan...

If Kitna got us off to a 0-4 start and EVERYONE was calling for his head, why can't we give Palmer the same opportunity? Coach Lewis wouldn't name Palmer the starter if he's gonna yank him out every time he blunders....CL realizes he's a rookie and he's gotta get his lumps....

Sheesh

:ph34r: This is the Bengals of old thinking....

WHO started this thread/poll, Barbell?

And yeah, you need to remind yourself Coach Lewis is the real deal, and he has a plan...

Kitna's 0-4 was not completely his fault. I'm saying Palmer would have to lose all by himself. Something like a 3+ turnover per game average and it gets to the thompson point. I voted for 5 btw.

0-5 might have gotten kitna benched <_<

I hope the lumps aren't real big. :unsure:

Anxiety over a first round qb is very natural for a bengal fan. Has the team ever drafted one that panned out anywhere? ;) :player:

I do wish they would have stuck with kitna because by the fifth game he'd be hurt allowing palmer to come in under the radar (like boomer did) and just play football. :huh:

But I ain't going to question the coach. :D

I had to go with 0-4. I seriously doubt that Palmer alone could be the reason for an 0-4 start however. But to ensure that we try to give him the chance that he deserves, barring Injury, he needs to start no matter how bad it gets !

* I seriously doubt he performs poorly. Considering the Weapons he'll have to work with, and a year already under the system, I expect us to do no worse than 9-7 .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- ON a side note, Couldn't help but notice that the first 2004 Season Football Magazines hit the shelves today!

According to Street & Smiths Football magazine, the Cincinnati Bengals will win the AFC - North.

The expected finish is..

1. Cincinnati Bengals

2. Baltimore Ravens

3. Pittsburgh Steelers

4. Cleveland Browns

Gives a simple background on the draft,free agency,last season and the season to come. Grades our roster as well. :D

Jesus, how pessimistic about the number 1 pick in the draft can you people be? Thankfully Marvin does not have such a ridiculous outlook on this or Carson would never play.

This kid is about to help take us to the most glorious and exciting period in our franchise history.

Drop the pessimism and get behind him.

You are going to have to when we do start winning.

What are you waiting for?

See my post in the Bengals: Fact or fiction topic.

:P