Browns' Green Caught With Pot

HoosierCat

Amother nail in the coffin for the '03 Browns: RB William Green got busted for driving while drunk and stoned. the AP reports that, "(a) patrolman observed Green's car weaving and being driven on a flat front tire...A breath test indicated Green had a blood-alcohol content of .165, more than twice the state's limit, police said."

Another great 1st round pick by the Clowns. What an idiot. :wacko:

Just goes to show you what happens when you draft someone and ignore there past. He was busted twice in college for pot. All the more reason I'm glad the Bengals have been drafting for character as much as skill.

And for the record I have always thought Green was overated and just goes to show that the last few drafts by the Browns will show that they can't evaluate talent.

Just goes to show you what happens when you draft someone and ignore there past. He was busted twice in college for pot. All the more reason I'm glad the Bengals have been drafting for character as much as skill.

And for the record I have always thought Green was overated and just goes to show that the last few drafts by the Browns will show that they can't evaluate talent.

This has been one of my pet peeves for years. All sports are guilty of it, and it's just a shame. Teams have to stop taking thugs because they can run the 40 a half a second faster than a kid with good character. It's not going to make him a good citizen, it's going to make him a thug with a lot more money and a lot more opportunity to cause trouble.

On the Bengals page, one of the fans was openly advocating trading Dillon in order to get a draft choice for Clarette. Dillon can get a little edgy, but as was pointed out to me he hasn't killed a girlfriend lately. Neither has Clarette, but he has broken NCAA rules, lied to the police, and then sued Ohio St. for of all things telling the truth.

Instead of everybody in the NFL wondering how they should handle these guys, they should wake up and not draft them in the first place. VIOLA ! Problem solved.

I'm glad the Bengals don't have any thing to do with these types as well. There are plenty of good kids with coachable talent that will still be playing when the others are coming up for parole.

Actually, the NFL is probably least guilty of taking those types of thugs(Ray Lewis being the exception...Think I don't like the Ravens?) There is no way Clarette goes in the first round if and when he goes into the NFL draft. The Bengals wouldn't touch him with a ten foot barge pole. I read that "fans" comment too and was horrified that someone would think of ditching Dillon for that low life piece of S@#t...I think the NFL should blackball his sorry @$$. If they aren't carefull the NFL will turn into the NBA. It's also proof that the Bengals have the best policy for drafting quality people that have skills to back it up.

There is no way Clarette goes in the first round if and when he goes into the NFL draft. The Bengals wouldn't touch him with a ten foot barge pole. I read that "fans" comment too and was horrified that someone would think of ditching Dillon for that low life piece of S@#t...I think the NFL should blackball his sorry @$$. If they aren't carefull the NFL will turn into the NBA. It's also proof that the Bengals have the best policy for drafting quality people that have skills to back it up.

Let the people say AMEN