Anybody else notice...

Spor_tees

Every year Hobson writes articles about how close to the salary cap the Bengals are and how in fact at the end of the year after injury settlements, they will be over the cap. He always uses this as an excuse as to why the Bengals are having a hard time extending their young players and signing veterans. Well this year, the Bengals are well beneath the cap, they have TJ and Shane-o-matic coming up as free agents, yet no articles about the salary cap this year! Surprise surprise! Mike Brown is laughing all the way to the bank...I would be willing to bet Brown is even a re-gifter at Christmas time! :lol:

Well, for better or for worse, they re-signed a bunch of guys earlier this year -- Whit, Peko, Larson, Fanene off the top of my head -- and can always use the tag on TJ. That leaves Shayne. I want him re-signed but he no doubt wants a raise from the already sweet deal deal he's got (thank you Jacksonville) and might be running up against Mikey's stupid "we don't pay that much for this position" rules.