No more spotlight...

I haven't been on here since last season to rant, so here goes.

I've been noticing a lot of people talking about how the coverage tonight didn't give the bengals much respect or credit at all. I gotta tell ya, it's kinda nice to have zero expectations going into this season.

After 2005 and until now, everyone's been watching either because they wanted to see Carson recover, see who the next Bengal was to get convicted of something, see what Chad had to say, or talk about why we haven't been like that 2005 team.

Carson is better so that story's over.

We've gotten rid of almost all of the trouble makers... there's that one

And the Bengals CLEARLY hold the upper card in the Chad drama. Even the guys tonight were ripping on Chad. He holds no more leverage so no ones' really watching that.

And finally, people have given up on thinking that this is that "magical 2005 team".

I think being out of the spotlight is going to be a nice change. It will give the younger guys like Joseph, Hall, Peko, Brandon Johnson, Whitworth and so on... a chance to lay in the cut.

I think this is a nice change. Chat about Rogers all you want, it's nice to be able to focus on this team expectation and drama free.

I haven't been on here since last season to rant, so here goes.

I've been noticing a lot of people talking about how the coverage tonight didn't give the bengals much respect or credit at all. I gotta tell ya, it's kinda nice to have zero expectations going into this season.

After 2005 and until now, everyone's been watching either because they wanted to see Carson recover, see who the next Bengal was to get convicted of something, see what Chad had to say, or talk about why we haven't been like that 2005 team.

Carson is better so that story's over.

We've gotten rid of almost all of the trouble makers... there's that one

And the Bengals CLEARLY hold the upper card in the Chad drama. Even the guys tonight were ripping on Chad. He holds no more leverage so no ones' really watching that.

And finally, people have given up on thinking that this is that "magical 2005 team".

I think being out of the spotlight is going to be a nice change. It will give the younger guys like Joseph, Hall, Peko, Brandon Johnson, Whitworth and so on... a chance to lay in the cut.

I think this is a nice change. Chat about Rogers all you want, it's nice to be able to focus on this team expectation and drama free.

I hadn't really thought of it that way but your are absolutely right.

When they interviewed Chad all I could think was, "BOY is he a weird dude..." How his brain works is a mystery...

I understand what you are saying, and I like the fact they are being overlooked by people also, but my problem with the coverage was that they were treating it like it was a Green Bay scrimmage and there wasn't another team on the field. It was truly pathetic and not what national coverage of a football game is supposed to be like. Both teams should have been covered equally and they weren't.

Yeah guys, I totally understand that part. Not having your team even be mentioned is ridiculous...

But I think not having them talk about us will do wonders for those young cats and wanting to prove themselves.

Today on Bengals.com, I saw somethin about how Marvin said "We're starting to gain Guys like Ray Lewis", team leaders who only focus on how to make the players around him better. Truly, I think this is the time when a guy like that (cough Rivers cough) ( Cough Geathers Cough Peko Cough) can have the chance to prove himself without everyone breathing down his neck about "looking like that 2005 team".

Bring on all the primadonna's you got. The Browns (can't wait for that one), The Steelers, Monday's Packers, The Colts, The Cowboys, Favre's Jets, and of course, the World Champion Giants.

And talk about them all you want, and hopefully, about mid season or mid game early in the season, a bunch of those reporters will be goin... "Well, I'll be, I didn't get the memo about these Bengals...." "I guess I should take Eli, Brett, Ben, Romo, and Brady's swimsuit parts out of my mouth and actually look into some things going on around the league! (I just remembered Jaws saying there are only two elite QBs left in the league... ha ha ha ha (sigh))

MAN! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEASON!

Fighting image and hype issues with the national sports media and not having standards and expectations in your team are two different things if you ask me.

I absolutely have standards and expectations for my team, and frankly, I'm REALLY excited about this defense, but it's nice to be able to focus on those things instead of having to fight of the media over non football s**t like we have had to for the last few years.