Cicadas

Living out here in Arizona we don't have them...at least not now. I remember living back there in the early '70 when I was in high school, the 17 year locust were out and about. Talk about some FAT birds!! At first they couldn't eat enough, but by the end they were too fat and lazy to chase 'em anymore! :lol:

Does anyone else remember the " Snappy Tomato Pizza " ..?

I was in Cincy' in '87 the last time the cicadas came. I remember one of the local radio stations ( Maybe WBLZ ) changed the words to the Jingle for Snappy Tomato Pizza into the Snappy Cicada Pizza.

Their Pretty good bait too... But they get water logged kinda fast, so better make sure to bring alot.. Cowan Lake is a good spot to fish with them, at least it used to be ! :D

I was in Cincy' in '87 the last time the cicadas came. I remember one of the local radio stations ( Maybe WBLZ ) changed the words to the Jingle for Snappy Tomato Pizza into the Snappy Cicada Pizza.

Their Pretty good bait too... But they get water logged kinda fast, so better make sure to bring alot.. Cowan Lake is a good spot to fish with them, at least it used to be ! :D

i remember that commercial well.

WLW, on the Gary Burbank show had one of his goons eat a cicada and started feeling sick afterwards. :lol:

Anyone elses yard invaded with them? Mine sure is, the shells the creepy white ones and the adults are everywhere. I think its kinda cool though, I mean, once every 17 years!

I have never seen one of these things you guys keep talking about in my whole entire life!!!

I have never seen one of these things you guys keep talking about in my whole entire life!!!

They are a cyclic regional infestation of a very gross looking big winged red eyed bug that makes a deafing racket with their mating calls. I'm not sure if they inhabit the Atlanta area, but here's a place to research this stuff:

http://www.cincinnati.com/freetime/cicadas

or

http://www.cicadamania.org

or

http://www.cicadas.info

WLW, on the Gary Burbank show had one of his goons eat a cicada and started feeling sick afterwards. :lol:

This has got to be one of the funniest things I've heard about those damn bugs..

* The Associated Press reported that most people that have eaten cicadas recently became ill because of the numerous toxins the Bugs have been exposed to while being underground for the last 17 years !

- The report went on to say that cicada based illnesses come from the fact that many people that are allergic to " Shell-fish" have had allergic reactions to eating the "shell-based" bug !!

:lol::lol: - No matter where you go there is always someone who is the exception to the rule ! - That guy that first tried out the " shark-proof " suit !

Anyone elses yard invaded with them? Mine sure is, the shells the creepy white ones and the adults are everywhere. I think its kinda cool though, I mean, once every 17 years!

They had them crawling all over athens campus the year before I arrived....