So...what ever happened with Kenny Irons?

UofLnMU

It seems to me that it takes about a year plus to recover from those kinds of injuries. I don't look for Kenny to come back until late this coming year or next year.

But, I do hope he comes back with his quickness and speed.

It seems to me that it takes about a year plus to recover from those kinds of injuries. I don't look for Kenny to come back until late this coming year or next year.

But, I do hope he comes back with his quickness and speed.

Since his healthy ACL & knee wasn't strong enough for the NFL, its likely he'll spend this year & next on strength work for his knee. I don't expect to see him this year at all. My guess is he'll be PUPed, then onto IR for the rest of the season.

I think that DeDe Dorey's emergence has allowed for the Bengals to not rush Irons back as quickly as they would have without DeDe. They seem to be pretty similar players. I would also expect for him to miss '08 to continue in his rehab. Rudi, Chris Perry and DeDe seem to be the RB's this year, as it stands. You would have to cut one of those to activate Irons, who will most likely still not be 100%. I like DeDe's potential on Special Teams, too, and I'm sure that's part of the thinking there.

It will be interesting after the season, though, especially if Chris Perry returns to form. To make room for Irons, one of the three (Rudi, Chris or DeDe) will most likely not make the team in '09, if Irons is fully recovered.

I think that DeDe Dorey's emergence has allowed for the Bengals to not rush Irons back as quickly as they would have without DeDe. They seem to be pretty similar players. I would also expect for him to miss '08 to continue in his rehab. Rudi, Chris Perry and DeDe seem to be the RB's this year, as it stands. You would have to cut one of those to activate Irons, who will most likely still not be 100%. I like DeDe's potential on Special Teams, too, and I'm sure that's part of the thinking there.

It will be interesting after the season, though, especially if Chris Perry returns to form. To make room for Irons, one of the three (Rudi, Chris or DeDe) will most likely not make the team in '09, if Irons is fully recovered.

I believe both Rudi and Perry are FA's after this year. Look for the backfield to look a whole lot different in 2009 regardless what they do in 2008.

I believe both Rudi and Perry are FA's after this year. Look for the backfield to look a whole lot different in 2009 regardless what they do in 2008.

Neither are. Both will be FAs only in 2010. Its possible that Perry will be an RFA next offseason.