Reds versus the Rockies

So do you guys think the Reds can keep it going against Colorado after that impressive sweep of the Dodgers? Boy, I loved that series!

I work with two rabid L.A. fans who were really talkin' s**t before the games started, but after the sweep they were walking around really quiet and avoiding me! :lol:

If the pitching stays as strong as it was out west, I think the Reds may get their first home sweep too! B)

I really hope they can keep the ball rolling. It seems to me that they have to play at 100% to give themselves any shot at all in beating anyone these days. There hasn't been a game that I can remember where they have been able to overcome a mistake and won a game.

100% in pitching (7-8 innings for the starter)

100% in fielding (no errors)

100% in batting (start strong and keep the momentum going)

I really hope they can keep the ball rolling. It seems to me that they have to play at 100% to give themselves any shot at all in beating anyone these days. There hasn't been a game that I can remember where they have been able to overcome a mistake and won a game.

100% in pitching (7-8 innings for the starter)

100% in fielding (no errors)

100% in batting (start strong and keep the momentum going)

Yea, you're absolutely right. We're not one of those teams that know how to win yet through adversity. Given some time and experience, I'm sure they'll learn along the way. But right now, you're right, we need 100% in all phases of the game.

This heartening article is from the Reds Official Website:

Graves: Playing together as a team

Reds' reliever discusses the state of the ballclub

After a starting experiment gone wrong last season, Danny Graves is elated about being back in the Cincinnati bullpen. This season, the aptly-nicknamed "Baby-faced assassin" is back in the closer's role that made him an All-Star in 2000. Graves has agreed to chronicle his return to the bullpen with a diary on MLB.com. In this latest installment, Graves discusses the difference in the Cincinnati clubhouse compared to last season, leading the Majors in saves and tying John Franco for the Reds' all-time saves record.

The difference (in the clubhouse) between this year and last year is night and day, really. I think everybody is having a lot more fun because all the guys are doing stuff together all the time.

Whether it's going out at night after the game, getting together for lunch in the day or just hanging out in the room together on the road, I think everybody's more outgoing with each other. We don't have cliques. We don't have groups of certain guys hanging out in separate places. Everybody's all together as one, and that's what you need to have to play together as a team.

I think that being close off the field brings about winning more than winning brings about being close. When you come together off the field as much as we do, it can only help things come together on the field.

We're together as one on the field and that's what you have to do out there, play together as a team. I feel like the better chemistry you have in the clubhouse, the better you're going to play out in the field.

During the game, the relievers are our own little group, our own little fraternity that they stick out there for three hours or whatever, but before and after the game, we're all together. It's just that during the game, they make us sit somewhere else.

Personally, regardless of what my numbers are, it's nice to be back in a role where I know what I'm doing and where I'm comfortable. If I had zero saves or 17, I'm just glad I'm out of that starting role. If I was setting up, doing long relief or whatever, it's just much more comforting being in the bullpen.

But I'm only as good as the team is and they've been playing great. They give me opportunities to get out there, which makes my job easier because I'm out there more frequently.

If you're not on a winning ballclub as a closer, you don't get the opportunity to go out there. Hopefully, the opportunities keep coming and these guys keep playing as good as they are because they make me look good.

Well in this article he really impresses me. I'm gonna get off his back. He doesn't deserve it. :)

Series tied at one a piece, tie breaker is tonight.

Great win last night, clutch hitting most of the night and excellent pitching from Acevado. Too bad Graves blew the save, but we still won so I won't worry about him right now. If he blows a save, as long as we win, i'm fine.

Series tied at one a piece, tie breaker is tonight.

Great win last night, clutch hitting most of the night and excellent pitching from Acevado. Too bad Graves blew the save, but we still won so I won't worry about him right now. If he blows a save, as long as we win, i'm fine.

Yeah, i want the win first and foremost, but man, Acevedo was dominating last night and the bully blows it. Why isnt Reidling the main setup man? His ERA is like 0.50!

I hope to see more consistency out of Graves too! :unsure:

Me too. But I admit, if he does blow a save, hopefully it's like the one last night where the opponents just tie it. The Reds still have that spirit to come back and I have to attribute that to the clubhouse and how close these guys are. They don't want to let each other down.

down 1-0 already but no one is hitting. Does anyone else think that kearns shoulda sat in the minors longer till he got his stroke back? already 0-1 with a K and is now batting a whopping buck twenty seven!!!!!!!

down 1-0 already but no one is hitting.  Does anyone else think that kearns shoulda sat in the minors longer till he got his stroke back?  already 0-1 with a K and is now batting a whopping buck twenty seven!!!!!!!

1-1 with a man on 2nd and 3rd with 0 outs. Relax Jditty.

Kearns will be ok. The AB he had last night was the key to the win. Without him working 10 pitches for a walk, we probably would have lost. OH, and this is only his SECOND GAME! :lol:

Great win. Graves is the all-time saves leader for the oldest pro team and the Reds are 2.5 games out of first as of right now. Houston is losing 6- 2 in the 7th and the Cubs lost earlier. GO REDS!

Great news! For some reason I couldn't get on to MLB.com. :blink:

Great win.  Graves is the all-time saves leader for the oldest pro team and the Reds are 2.5 games out of first as of right now.  Houston is losing 6- 2 in the 7th and the Cubs lost earlier.  GO REDS!

Great news! For some reason I couldn't get on to MLB.com. :blink:

Don't worry Billy. The only run Paul Wilson gave up was one to Castilla. He went 8 innings of near perfect pitching and Graves came in for the final 3 outs. It was a solid pitching performance again, and the Reds are still playing GREAT baseball.

yep i spoke too soon. And you guys are funny trying to capitalize on my post, even though i didnt say we were gonna lose. I just bashed kearns. Im just saying he shoulda played a couple more games in AAA before coming up. He struggled at the end of last year and now again this year. I hope to god he starts hitting - we then will be somethin fierce.

And we are only 2 games back now, houston lost.

so blow it out your anus'! :P

I just bashed kearns. Im just saying he shoulda played a couple more games in AAA before coming up. He struggled at the end of last year and now again this year. I hope to god he starts hitting - we then will be somethin fierce.

Well one thing needs to happen is both Kearns and Griffey need to have a great streak for Houston and Florida, we need them to hit the ball well and consistantly.