Steelers take Mendenhall and Sweed in 1st and 2nd

jjakq27

I was hoping that the Bengals might have had a scenario where they would get Rashard Mendenhall. Last place I wanted him to go was Pittsburgh. But give them credit for grabbing him. I think he will be a force to deal with for a long time.

jjakq27...it is my unfortunate duty to have to ask you to turn in your fan card to a Bengals fan nearest you.

We do not give the Steelers props for anything. Ever.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

Where do I send it? Can't help it if I think it's a good pick.

I changed the title. Hope that helps.

Where exactly does Mendenhall fit in? Are they unhappy with Willie Parker?

Mendenhall takes the place of Davenport...and is now the thunder to Fast Willie's lightening...he is also a big enough work horse that he could be a starter if anything happens to Parker. I think Davenport was on his way out of town when he got arrested for domestic violence anyway.

Jerome's not coming back anytime soon folks... that said, Mendenhall will be a big body to take down. Hopefully our new linebacker and DT's + Odell can solve that problem.

jjakq27...it is my unfortunate duty to have to ask you to turn in your fan card to a Bengals fan nearest you.

Where do I send it?

Maybe you could mail it to Chad Johnson. Traitor :P

Seriously, though, it's hard not to be jealous of Mendenhall. He would have looked nice in stripes, I think (although not nearly as good as Rivers).

Sweed, I'm not so worried about. What makes it a good pick for the Steelers, though, is that they don't need him to come in and be a #1 or even a #2. With their current receivers, Sweed should have plenty of time to learn the game and benefit from the attention the other guys are going to draw.

Where do I send it?

Maybe you could mail it to Chad Johnson. Traitor :P

Seriously, though, it's hard not to be jealous of Mendenhall. He would have looked nice in stripes, I think (although not nearly as good as Rivers).

Sweed, I'm not so worried about. What makes it a good pick for the Steelers, though, is that they don't need him to come in and be a #1 or even a #2. With their current receivers, Sweed should have plenty of time to learn the game and benefit from the attention the other guys are going to draw.

Careful you don't gush too much on that Sweed pick or people might get us confused. :P