Pollack Done

HoosierCat

He messed up a tackle and broke his back, im not saying its entirely his fault but if you drop your head on a tackle you brake your neck. Case in point i believe him to be a bust.

No Thurm. David broke his neck trying to tackle Rueben Droughns. And how can you say it was partially his fault, and now he's a bust for it!?! That's just wrong. He had heart, and played well. You're comparing injuries to the type Chris Perry has consistently suffered, which was many, like hang nails, paper cuts, muscle strains, etc.

Pollack was no bust.

I was always taught tackle with your head up or you'll brake your neck, And i had many neck problems trying to do this changing from DE/T to Backer, cause when you go one on one with someone bigger, if you drop your head your neck is finished, im not saying hes a bad person or anything but you don't see every other LB in the league breaking there necks on every other play, yeah it was a freak accident but to say hes completely faultless is not right cause i know we wouldn't be having this discussion if he tackled Reuben properly that day. That being said any pick in the first round that sits out half of a season over contract disputes then plays what 16 games or so then gets a career ending injury in my books is a bust. CP will be a bust to me if he never comes back to 100% aswell.

Pollack was a BUST from the start.

Aww, crissakes Green.

Just when you seem to finally, FINALLY, be coming to the realization that there is no St. Chad, you say something as rock-dumb as this.

By the end of David's rookie season, I was at long last seeing a Bengals player with the ability to get after the QB. I could not have been more excited about David Pollack going in to the '06 season.

You can, in hindsight, declare him a wasted pick and you can equate that to bust, but Pollack did not become a wasted pick or a bust until after he broke his neck. Most definitely NOT before.

To suggest otherwise, as you did, is ludicrous.

I have come to expect ludicrous absurdity from you, sir.

Thanks for yet another laugh at Green moment. Phucking priceless!

He got drafted and held out all the way up until the season started. He got some PT and didn't do jack squat until the end of the the season when he showed a little shine. Big deal. He was a BUST in the making the moment we drafted him.

Well, I hate to be right here and I'm sorry for David but add another BUST to the list of wasted first day draft picks.

Although I do understand your point, I personally cannot find a way to include a single career-ending injury case in the category of BUST. In my mind, a true draft pick bust is based upon lack of production on the field (i.e. Akili Smith). Second to this are those who simply seem injury-prone (i.e. KiJana Carter and Chris Perry). All are BUSTs ... with the Akili Smith type being the truest BUST. David Pollack is a hard one for me to categorize as a BUST. His play, albeit very limited, showed me he had all of the potential in the world to live up to his pick.

Enjoy your life Mr. Pollack. You're a man of true priorities. I respect that.

Bust = Wasted draft pick IMO. Pollack was a BUST from the start. There were some who thought he wouldn't amount to much in the NFL, in a sense, they were right.

I don't disagree...

If folks are going to bag on Ki-Jana as a bust <cough, me, cough>, then you have to lump Pollack in there too. Dude held out like an azz-clown, then barley got into shape to play, then got hurt, then ran around like a fool and got hurt again ending his career........textbook bust.

whatever....time to move on, Pollack certainly has. Good luck dude.

Exactly how I feel 68... Sorry don't know how to combine posts

CP will be a bust to me if he never comes back to 100% aswell.

WTF!?! Carson Palmer was a Pro Bowl MVP, yet to you he will be a bust if things don't improve.

I don't see your logic here.

NO!!!! Chris Perry, NOT Carson, Carson IS NOT A BUST and never will be.