Good Draft Rumor Tidbits

From draftdaddy.com's draft blog...

Our "inside source" from the Combine, who everybody loved, is back and he's got some more pre-draft opinions and insider tidbits:

Strength's of the upcoming draft:

1. Offensive line, specifically offensive tackle, is the best in the last 30 years. Every scout I talk to says this is the case. G.M.'s also love this group.

2. This draft reminds the old timers of the 1970's for running backs. The group isn't as talented as the offensive lineman, but this draft for running backs is the best we have seen in several decades. There will be very good backs found all the way to round 5.

3. There are some elite cornerback talent in this draft, but there is also depth in this draft for cornerback.

After these three spots the draft is weak, particularly at quarterback and wide receiver.

Random Notes & Opinions from our insider:

East Carolina running back Chris Johnson has been given a first round grade by over half the franchises in the N.F.L.....Eastern Kentucky cornerback Antwaun Molden is now in round one on a few teams' boards....Arkansas' Felix Jones is going to make a name on special teams before he does anything as a running back, according to my sources....Few are saying this publicly, but many N.F.L. teams love Chad Henne and think he's the best quarterback in this draft.

While many think taking Branden Albert in the top 10 is crazy, I know 50 percent of scouts think he can play left tackle and make an impact there in the N.F.L. Also, a key N.F.C. executive recently told me if Steve Hutchinson and Leonard Davis can be paid $50 million to play offensive guard, then taking a prospect like Albert in the top ten makes sense for teams that need an immediate line boost....Some think the New York Jets way overpaid for Alan Faneca and they still need to shore up the middle and offensive tackle, so drafting Albert at #6 overall could solve all their offensive line needs.

I'd draft Tennessee's Jerod Mayo before any linebacker. I think he is the next Al Wilson or Ray Lewis and he can play either scheme. But he'd probably be best suited to a 4-3 team. I, personally, see him in Cincinnati or Buffalo, if there guys don't fall to them.

Solid inside linebackers for the 3-4 can be gotten in the latter rounds. Curtis Lofton and Beau Bell can fit that bill. Keith Rivers is not a new Keith Bulluck. Bulluck is the best 4-3 outside linebacker in the league and he went at 30 back in 2000. I think Rivers is media hyped. His game film is pretty ordinary. I love Cliff Avril and Stanford Keglar of Purdue more than Rivers as far as 3-4 outside linebackers.

Word in N.F.L. circles is the Oakland Raiders will take Darren McFadden at #4 overall. New Orleans and Cincinnati both covet Sedrick Ellis, but neither will pay the price to move up in the draft to get him because they know the New York Jets will never really take him due to their scheme and the Dwyane Robertson failure.

These are but a few of the things scouts with teams stacking their boards have said. Also, many scouts believe this draft is at its best from 31-65. That is what has many teams excited.

New Orleans and Cincinnati both covet Sedrick Ellis, but neither will pay the price to move up in the draft to get him because they know the New York Jets will never really take him due to their scheme and the Dwyane Robertson failure.

I hope this is true with the saints not wanting to move up,Because I could see the Chiefs,ravens and Patriots maybe wanting to move down and still get their guys.