Reds/Brewers

skyline

And they failed pt. 1. <_<

Cueto looked great again, but man...the bats do worry me a little.

NO doubt, our guys are in a slump.

But when it comes to pitching, the Brewers are pretty good. Cuetto did a great job, matter of fact, he did an excellent job. I love his attitude also. He wants to win EVERY game.

As frustrating/disappointing as last night's game was, tonight's game was very enjoyable. Once we gave up the lead with that 2 run error, it seemed everyone came alive. A very nice night for our Redlegs. Now to take the series tomorrow.

Surprising start by Fogg tonight.

Nice to see the bats wake up.

Corey Patterson is proving his haters wrong. He's been great so far.

Harangatang goes tomorrow afternoon for the series win.

Go Reds!

Had to break out one of my Griffey jerseys today... He looks like he's having a really great time this year and his bat is really starting to come out. The smile on his face when he laid that bunt down third baseline two days again was priceless. Teams will start to think twice about putting the shift on him now, LOL.

GO REDS!

Our ace, Harang, goes 8 and gives 1 run. EDWIN homers and the Reds win 4-1. CoCo Cordero had a perfect ninth in which he was absolutely filthy, hitting 98 twice on the gun (according to Gameday).

6-4 and a series win to start the road trip.

Niiiice.

Our ace, Harang, goes 8 and gives 1 run. EDWIN homers and the Reds win 4-1. CoCo Cordero had a perfect ninth in which he was absolutely filthy, hitting 98 twice on the gun (according to Gameday).

6-4 and a series win to start the road trip.

Niiiice.

Yeah, that was a very enouraging series, especially from the pitching point of view. Good stuff.

Now let's not go blow all that hard work by letting the Pirates steal a series from us.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the reds pitching staff finishes in the top ten and maybe even top five. The reds have 3 starters that have potential to be #1's and they all are strikeout pitchers. Arroyo is a solid #4 and Fogg is a weak link but it doesn't matter when you have 3 dominant pitchers. We have power pitchers throughout the staff. It sure beats Milton being the #1 pitcher and Graves saving the game. Cueto can throw 98, Volquez 98-99, Cordero 98, Burton 95 and Coffey at 95. This team can make a run if Fogg can grab 10 wins or more. It's been a long time since I could root for the reds to actually win after the first half of the season and I think this is the year.

I'm going to wait and see how the young pitchers do when they start seeing teams for a 2nd and 3rd time, but overall, yeah. There's plenty of reason to be optimistic.

These guys are young and the season is very very early... OTOH, they throw straight FIRE!

Kudos to the Reds for finally bringing in some heat!

The thing about Cueto and Volquez is this: There is no getting familiar to them. Unlike Reds pitchers of the past, who didn't have great stuff and got pounded the second and third time around, if Cueto and Volquez hit their spots and throw strikes, with the stuff they have, they'll be no getting familiar with them. They'll keep missing bats.

The thing about Cueto and Volquez is this: There is no getting familiar to them. Unlike Reds pitchers of the past, who didn't have great stuff and got pounded the second and third time around, if Cueto and Volquez hit their spots and throw strikes, with the stuff they have, they'll be no getting familiar with them. They'll keep missing bats.

That's certainly the way it appears, and here's hoping you're right!

I'm just pessimistic by nature, and need to see more proof. Welcome to life as a Cincinnati sports fan :P