Bengals Insiders Mock Draft

Here are the list of players drafted by the Bengals and where they were projected to go in the draft:

36. Detroit Lions – Chris Perry, RB Michigan (drafted #26)

62. Carolina Panthers – Keiwan Ratliff, CB Florida (#49)

88. Baltimore Ravens – Maurice Mann, WR Nevada(#149)

90. Indianapolis Colts – Greg Brooks, CB Southern Mississippi(#183)

95. New England Patriots – Matthias Askew, DT Michigan State (#114)

120. Baltimore Ravens – Stacy Andrews, OT Mississippi (#123)

125. Atlanta Falcons (from PHI) – Madieu Williams, S Maryland (#56)

183. Cincinnati Bengals – Landon Johnson, LB Purdue (#96)

238. St. Louis Rams – Caleb Miller, LB Arkansas (#80)

NR. Robert Geathers (#117)

NR. Casey Bramlet (#218)

I know this was one person's opinion prior to the draft but it amazing how different the projections were. Mann, Askew, and Brooks look like steals. Williams, Johnson, and Miller look like big time reaches. The only thing that matters is how they turn out in the end.

mock draft

I've had fun bouncing around to all the various draft sites and reading opinions on how the Bengals drafted. With the exception of Kiper, who gave them an A, most grades run in the B- to D+ range, so basically a C.

The funny thing is, no two sites seem to agree on why they downgrade the Bengals draft. One pooh-poohs the Perry pick, yet likes the rest of the draft. Another might like the Perry pick, but hate the Ratliff selection. A third like Perry and Ratliff and Williams but can't stand the two 'backers in the 3rd. I've read variously that Caleb Miller won't make the team and that he's the steal of the Bengals' draft. I've seen Ratliff described in one place as a project and in another as a guy who'll push for a starting job this year. Perry's the most complete back in the draft, no wait, he'll never be a feature back. Etcetera, etcetra, etcetera. It's like a football version of "Crossfire": "They sucked for reason A! No, A was a good move, they sucked because of B and C! What are you, stupiud, B was a reach but C was a steal! A steal, don't you have eyes, you moron..."

I still think that 3 years from now we will look back on this draft in perfect satisfaction.

For all of our collective Bengals sakes' I hope your right Joisey.

* Like I said, We drafted good players, but I'm very confident that we could have landed those day one guys at later picks. And Passing on a Defensive End like Odom twice in round 2, and cornerback/safety Matt Ware, and Sean Jones 3 times raises my more serious concerns.

For all of our collective Bengals sakes' I hope your right Joisey.

* Like I said, We drafted good players, but I'm very confident that we could have landed those day one guys at later picks. And Passing on a Defensive End like Odom twice in round 2, and cornerback/safety Matt Ware, and Sean Jones 3 times raises my more serious concerns.

Gotta agree with Chris on the day one picks. Most of those guys could have been picked up in later rounds.

However, I really like the Askew pick. That guy would have probably went in the 1st round if he would have waited a year--the idiot.

Well, none of those websites are privy to what goes on within the team. And none of them ever consider how players fit into the team, how well they can be coached or how that player will fit into whatever scheme the team has in mind for that player. It's really a joke. I mean it's basically based on how well someone worked out...Or how well they did against 2 teams that were really good, and 8 teams that sucked. How many Mock drafts were done by former football players, or better yet coachs? In all honesty, I trust Marvin more than I trust the dude at the Sporting News, or whatever website on how that player fits into our team.

Well, none of those websites are privy to what goes on within the team. And none of them ever consider how players fit into the team, how well they can be coached or how that player will fit into whatever scheme the team has in mind for that player. It's really a joke. I mean it's basically based on how well someone worked out...Or how well they did against 2 teams that were really good, and 8 teams that sucked. How many Mock drafts were done by former football players, or better yet coachs? In all honesty, I trust Marvin more than I trust the dude at the Sporting News, or whatever website on how that player fits into our team.

Any person can throw up a mock website. It's the information from key personell gurus' like Matt Mayock, Pat Kirwan , Gil Brandt etc. that key it for me.

* There are certain people that work within the NFL that leak certain information, It's all about being able to grade that aspect as to knowing who coaches are really liking post BCS.

Also to note, when a guy like Jeff Fischer (coach of the Titans) grabs several key defensive lineman that we could have grabbed with his track record of turning out good defensive lines no matter who he loses should be a testament to how well those players were scouted! :angry:

However, I really like the Askew pick. That guy would have probably went in the 1st round if he would have waited a year--the idiot.

Matthais Askew decided to enter the NFL early because of financial/family obligations...

Look before you leap Barbell