What do you think we could get for Rudi?

bryce40

Just curious as to what everyone thought we could actually get for Rudi if we decide to trade him? A pick, a player? What is your opinion? Mine is we could get a 3rd rounder and possibly a 2nd or we could get maybe Duece or Ricky Williams :D

I think you're dreaming. After last year, Rudi doesn't have any trade value. He's also approaching the wrong side of 30. RBs don't have long shelf lives.

Man, I can't believe how negative everyone on here is towards Rudi, he's had what, one injury last year? That hurt his production other than that I believe he's been a top 10 RB the rest of his career td's and yards. I'm in favor of letting him at least see what he can do this year unless we get a great offer for him. Plus I think the Texans are trying to get a 2nd out of Minnesota for Sage Rosenfals, and Minnesota already offered a 3rd. Rudi is way better than Sage.

Man, I can't believe how negative everyone on here is towards Rudi, he's had what, one injury last year? That hurt his production other than that I believe he's been a top 10 RB the rest of his career td's and yards. I'm in favor of letting him at least see what he can do this year unless we get a great offer for him. Plus I think the Texans are trying to get a 2nd out of Minnesota for Sage Rosenfals, and Minnesota already offered a 3rd. Rudi is way better than Sage.

I'm totally with you MO. I feel Rudi has at least another year or two of gas in the tank. I also feel Kenny Watson and DeDe Dorsey will keep building on what they started last year.

This next statement is based TOTALLY on the odds of Chris Perry getting injured again. I think he may also contribute more this season than any other as long as Bratkowski never uses him inside the tackles. He simply isn't made for that.

One other RB I'd mention here is Rashard Mendenhall out of Illinois. The Bengals have really been looking at him long and hard, and it would not shock me in the least to see the Bengals take him at #1 if the top 3 DT's from the draft are gone.

Do we really need to draft another RB? What are the odds that three of our RB's get hurt again? They can't be that high. Last year was just a freak year for the Bengals injury-wise. If all backs comeback healthy, we will have plenty of talent to put on the field.

If all backs comeback healthy, we will have plenty of talent to put on the field.

I cannot argue this. I omitted Kenny Irons from my previous post only because of news about his slow recovery from his knee injury. I'm sure once he has fully healed, he will make an impact in the Bengals running game.

I like Rudi but at same time he's always left something to be desired,Hes had a total of 2 years with YPA over 4.0.

He's never been able to brake for the big play and seems to have poor field vision at times.He's above average running back and when our offense is clicking on all cylinders his services are fine but even then we still desire someone like Chris Perry or Kenny Irons

Most of you remind me of the Bears fans from before last year, Let Thomas Jones go we have Cedric Benson. Think they're regretting letting Thomas Jones go now? I think if we let Rudi go, we'll regret it.

Short and sweet. Neither Johnson, Rudi or Chad, are going ANYWHERE this year. :bengal:

Short and sweet. Neither Johnson, Rudi or Chad, are going ANYWHERE this year. :bengal:

Hope your right. :bengal:

I KNOW I'm right. No other owner in the NFL is more hard headed than Mike Brown. Few other owners (Bill Bidwell of Arizona aside) are more frugal with their money than Mike Brown. Our owner WILL NOT TAKE THE CAP HIT involved with trading Chad.

I KNOW I'm right. No other owner in the NFL is more hard headed than Mike Brown. Few other owners (Bill Bidwell of Arizona aside) are more frugal with their money than Mike Brown. Our owner WILL NOT TAKE THE CAP HIT involved with trading Chad.

I thought about putting other than Chad earlier, but then the more I thought about the more I hope we dont' just because that means he would be getting his way. The only team I think it would be funny to trade him to would be Minnesota for there 1st and Chester. I bet he would love the ball being thrown to him by Tavaris Jackson. :D

I thought about putting other than Chad earlier, but then the more I thought about the more I hope we dont' just because that means he would be getting his way.

Trust me. This is NOT the year Chad gets his way.

Man, I can't believe how negative everyone on here is towards Rudi, he's had what, one injury last year? That hurt his production other than that I believe he's been a top 10 RB the rest of his career td's and yards. I'm in favor of letting him at least see what he can do this year unless we get a great offer for him.

I'm not down on Rudi, and I think it's fair to say I'm one of his biggest backers. But that doesn't change my opinions that he has very little trade value or that his greatest value remains with the Bengals, who are likely to give him another chance to claim the starting RB role. And if he fails to do so I can't see him remaining in stripes very long, a year at the most, because his value as a role player won't be high.

A 3rd and a 7th.

He's 28 going on 29. Dillon was under-sold for a 2nd round pick. But he was a great player coming off his first injury plagued season.

Rudi however, has never been great, but he has been a very steady and productive player in a pass happy offense. He's a solid 3rd round pick with a conditional late round pick compensation.

:sure::bengal: