Thought's on Trevor Laws?

He had a good Senior Bowl and Combine wondering what peoples thoughts are on him,From what it seems he might be a good backup plan for later rounds if ellis isn't there or heck i'd take him a later round even if we got ellis for solid rotation between them + peko.

Before the combine I would have loved to get him in the second. After the combine and a good showing in the Senior Bowl, looks like he might make it into the first round or high second round. If Ellis/Dorsey don't fall to us and we don't/can't trade up then the best DE/LB in the first and try to trade up in the second if Laws is available would be A-OK with me.

Despite his combine workout, I still think he's stuck in the second tier of defensive tackles that'll go in the second round.

Trevor Laws - because of his height.

Marcus Harrison - decent athlete, but his game play is inconsistent.

Dre Moore - hardworker, good size, but not the athlete that Laws and Harrison are.

* So far we've seen the Bengals be aggressive in Free Agency, although with limited success. They could be as aggressive in the draft !

- We'll have the extra picks.

- We have the cap room

- And there are always guys still on this roster that could be moved on draft day !! Hint Hint ! <_<<_<

Despite his combine workout, I still think he's stuck in the second tier of defensive tackles that'll go in the second round.

Trevor Laws - because of his height.

Marcus Harrison - decent athlete, but his game play is inconsistent.

Dre Moore - hardworker, good size, but not the athlete that Laws and Harrison are.

* So far we've seen the Bengals be aggressive in Free Agency, although with limited success. They could be as aggressive in the draft !

- We have the cap room

- And there are always guys still on this roster that could be moved on draft day !! Hint Hint ! <_<<_<

:lol: Who could you mean? But if he's there in 2nd, would be great if we took him. Didn't know his height was an issue. Hopefully it's good for us. If somehow, Gholston is there at #9 and we get Trevor Laws in the 2nd round..........*head explodes*

What an improvement to the D that would be. So, Mendenhall in the first round it is then.

Before the combine I would have loved to get him in the second. After the combine and a good showing in the Senior Bowl, looks like he might make it into the first round or high second round.

Marcus Harrison and Trevor Laws are two of the biggest reasons I'm willing to stay put at #9. Furthermore, I've been so impressed with Laws that a trade proposal I would consider is moving up in the 2nd round to select him.

Before the combine I would have loved to get him in the second. After the combine and a good showing in the Senior Bowl, looks like he might make it into the first round or high second round.

Marcus Harrison and Trevor Laws are two of the biggest reasons I'm willing to stay put at #9. Furthermore, I've been so impressed with Laws that a trade proposal I would consider is moving up in the 2nd round to select him.

Me too. Much less costly than trading up in the 1st round. We'll be able to get a very good player of need at #9 in the first. Sure, there is a drop off after Ellis and Dorsey but there are a couple of other DTs out there that have the potential to be just as productive in the NFL, Laws being one of them, IMO.

Bengals won't touch Harrison due to his prior drug arrest, but I agree with your thinking. For some reason I can easily see them going after Red Bryant in the 2nd or 3rd.

So far we've seen the Bengals be aggressive in Free Agency, although with limited success. They could be as aggressive in the draft !

- We have the cap room

Are you suggesting even possibly trading up!?! With the number of current picks they already possess, I don't quite see Cincy trading down for more an option.

So far we've seen the Bengals be aggressive in Free Agency, although with limited success. They could be as aggressive in the draft !

- We have the cap room

Are you suggesting even possibly trading up!?! With the number of current picks they already possess, I don't quite see Cincy trading down for more an option.

We haven't traded up in a draft since what 95 and the Kijana Carter selection ???

-Dorsey has some injury concerns, so he could drop - but then again like Leon Hall was last year, he's the consensus best defensive tackle in the draft.

-Ellis I have liked since day one, but he did play on an exceptional defense, with more than enough talent around him to let him free lance which is why he played so undisciplined in his technique at times.

- I honestly don't know anything about Balmer!! One year wonder like so many other north carolina defensive tackles!!

- If a trade down happens I would be interested in drafting Calais Campbell and move him inside. Great height, and athlete, but he needs a lot of refinement especially keeping his hands up and pads down!!

In other words, We won't know what to do with those picks until the Raiders are on the clock. By then Falcons would have taken either McFadden, a lineman, Ryan, etc. and the same goes for the Rams, and Dolphins.

A trade up has to mean that we're going for Gholston ! Ellis or Dorsey could realistically slip to number 9.

Ok, here's my next CRAZZZZY Thought !!!

- There's a run on Offensive tackles in the first 8 picks forcing The Jets or Chiefs to trade for Stacey Andrews! We get their pick and select Glen Dorsey,

- McFadden is still there at #9, Dallas trades both first round picks # 22, and 28 and swaps 4th round picks with us, to select McFadden.

At # 22, Cincy Selects Keith Rivers OLB, USC

At # 28 Cincy selects Kenny Phillips FS, Miami (FLA.)

At # 46 Cincy Selects Gosder Cherilus OT, Boston College

- To Dream ..... The Impossible Dream.... To Reach ... The Unreachable Starrrr !!! :cheers:

We haven't traded up in a draft since what 95 and the Kijana Carter selection ???

It doesn't get any worse than trading up for a player who turns out to be a bust does it? It's bad enough taking them as they come to you as Perry did to the Bengals in '04.

BTW, our oft injured "Porcelain Princess" can't carry Watsons jock.

- I honestly don't know anything about Balmer!! One year wonder like so many other north carolina defensive tackles!!

And just as risky. I like Balmer enough to consider him a fringe option for the #9 pick, but I have no problem admitting he represents a far greater risk of busting than several other options. He could flame out very easily. That said, he POTENTIALLY offers a team the type of impact you wrote about earlier. As for the one year wonder tag, it works both ways. NFL teams should be impressed by the way Balmer responded the moment a new coaching staff arrived at UNC. In short, the light went on for Balmer as soon as ex-NFL coaches began working with him.

That said, I think any chance of Balmer being selected in the Top 15 evaporated the moment he was injured during Senior Bowl practices