Where to from here?

Now that the sky has fallen, and Rodgers is getting fitted for his new Browns' uniform, what does everybody think the Bengals' organization is going to do next? I think they will do what comes natural, and sign only the best young back-up free agents that starter money can buy! I see us once again going into the season with a defense that will be no better than last years. I see us reaching for a player of need at #9 in the draft, instead of taking the best player available. I see them marketing Dhani Jones to the fans as their top free agent pick-up of the offseason. Dare I say it, I see us headed for another fun filled 8-8 season! :D

On a side note, ESPN has been reporting that the Rodgers' deal fell through because of "language issues" in the agreement. If I am not mistaken, I believe that is lawyer speak. And, if I am also not mistaken, Mikey and Katie are not only ivy league educated, they are also lawyers. So if what ESPN is stating is true, two ivy league educated lawyers just got out lawyered! :huh:

No. If it is true, then it is pre-text from the NFL to void the deal, for an unknown bulls**t reason. Never heard of language issues screwing a legit deal before, never. Assuming that there are language issues, they are worked out 100 times out of 100. For the NFL to disallow this due to language reasons, and then let the team making the deal out of it to make a better one? Unprecedented. And corrupt.

Btw, when has Mike Brown or Katie Blackburn EVER been outlawyered on anything? From the stadium deal people like to bitch about, to the smackdown on the Hamilton County lawsuit, they are pretty good at the legal side of things. There is more at play here than is public right now.

No. If it is true, then it is pre-text from the NFL to void the deal, for an unknown bulls**t reason. Never heard of language issues screwing a legit deal before, never. Assuming that there are language issues, they are worked out 100 times out of 100. For the NFL to disallow this due to language reasons, and then let the team making the deal out of it to make a better one? Unprecedented. And corrupt.

Btw, when has Mike Brown or Katie Blackburn EVER been outlawyered on anything? From the stadium deal people like to bitch about, to the smackdown on the Hamilton County lawsuit, they are pretty good at the legal side of things. There is more at play here than is public right now.

I agree, this is strange. I don't see how either Detroit or Cincy could back out due to buyers remorse once the deal was submitted to the league. Whatever it was it was a big deal, in fact a deal breaker, otherwise nothing was stopping either team from fixing the "language issue" on the spot and doing the deal. Bottom line is Detroit and Cleveland got what they wanted and Cincy got screwed.