New topic Re: Skip Hicks

Turi

I saw a past thread and thought I'd update you.

I've been watching the development of Hicks and I've got to say I'm impressed, he's doing well (and earning me points on my fantasy team). I don't know what his role was when he was in Washington, but he could, like people have already said, make a good 3rd down back.

It's a shame some people underestimate NFL Europe. For me, it's football and it keeps me going until the new season. But it's also a great way to view potentially good players whilst they get actual good experience.

Now it was Barbarian who really was way off the mark with his analysis of NFLEL. Saying it is not a good way to guage talent and names a few busts examples. Well by that reasoning, couldn't we say the same about the draft? Ryan Leaf etc.

Off the top of my head I could easily name plenty of Superbowl players with Europe experience. And many more good NFL players with Europe experience too. It all helps. Daunte Hall said it himself that it was one of the most important experiences of his life.

I saw a past thread and thought I'd update you.

I've been watching the development of Hicks and I've got to say I'm impressed, he's doing well (and earning me points on my fantasy team). I don't know what his role was when he was in Washington, but he could, like people have already said, make a good 3rd down back.

It's a shame some people underestimate NFL Europe. For me, it's football and it keeps me going until the new season. But it's also a great way to view potentially good players whilst they get actual good experience.

Now it was Barbarian who really was way off the mark with his analysis of NFLEL. Saying it is not a good way to guage talent and names a few busts examples. Well by that reasoning, couldn't we say the same about the draft? Ryan Leaf etc.

Off the top of my head I could easily name plenty of Superbowl players with Europe experience. And many more good NFL players with Europe experience too. It all helps. Daunte Hall said it himself that it was one of the most important experiences of his life.

Yeah, but don't forget about all those Danny Wuerffel types either.

And what kind of loser plays "Fantasy League" using the NFL Europe???

Just wondering.

I'm Ok with NFL Europe and that's about it. Now that I think of it, I'm just Ok with Europe period and that's about it.

I'm probably the minority here, but I like Arena Football. It's fast paced and I like it that the same guys play offense and defense. Just plain fun to watch, and a couple of pretty good players have come out of there as well.

I'm Ok with NFL Europe and that's about it. Now that I think of it, I'm just Ok with Europe period and that's about it.

I'm probably the minority here, but I like Arena Football. It's fast paced and I like it that the same guys play offense and defense. Just plain fun to watch, and a couple of pretty good players have come out of there as well.

This is my first year to watch or even follow NFL Europe. I kinda like it.

Kinda being the key word. It has been interesting watching players develope.

On the other hand I've never seen any arena football. From your description it sounds a whole lot like the football played in back yards B)

On the other hand I've never seen any arena football. From your description it sounds a whole lot like the football played in back yards B)

Pretty accurate description. Now add all the neighbors being over and liquored up to cheer you on, and you've pretty much got it. It's just plain fun, and the fans go absolutely nuts for it.

Never been to a live game, but I plan to correct that as soon as I can.

To clear up any misunderstanding, I do not equate any part of the British Isles with Europe. Scottish Bengal ... UK Stripes etc., please take no offense.

Pretty accurate description. Now add all the neighbors being over and liquored up to cheer you on, and you've pretty much got it. It's just plain fun, and the fans go absolutely nuts for it.

Arena Football--BIGGEST GIMMICK GAME ON THE PLANET!!!

Who can like a game that has NBA Basketball like scores. I saw one game last week that was 72-60 or something stupid like that.

WHERE THE HELL IS THE DEFENSE???

Oh well, if you like it--more power to ya.

B)

Where is there an arena league team near Cincy? Or is there one?

Yeah, but don't forget about all those Danny Wuerffel types either.

And what kind of loser plays "Fantasy League" using the NFL Europe???

Just wondering.

Sure no problem, of course there are going to be busts who excelled in Europe. But there is in the draft also. It would be a mistake to underestimate NFL Europe as a scout.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with fantasy NFLEL. Have you got a better way for me to get my fix of football during the off season?

Columbus B)

Columbus B)

Thanx. I'll try looking 'em up :)

To clear up any misunderstanding, I do not equate any part of the British Isles with Europe. Scottish Bengal ... UK Stripes etc., please take no offense.

No offence taken - to be honest I do not equate Scotland with any part of the British Isles (they wear long trousers, eat strange food and talk funny down there).

we are only part of Europe GEOGRAPHICALLY and it has to be that way else we would have no-one to play with, ....... save the Irish.

No offence taken - to be honest I do not equate Scotland with any part of the British Isles (they wear long trousers, eat strange food and talk funny down there).

we are only part of Europe GEOGRAPHICALLY and it has to be that way else we would have no-one to play with, ....... save the Irish.

Scottish--do you like the Irish???

Historically, you guys have commonality. Maybe I'm wrong here.