Kittner Waived

jditty47

Associated Press

CINCINNATI -- Quarterback Kurt Kittner was waived by Cincinnati on Sunday, less than two weeks after the Bengals claimed him off waivers from the Atlanta Falcons.

Kittner was the Falcons' fifth-round pick in 2002 and didn't play as a rookie. He started four games and appeared in seven last season, going 44-of-114 for 391 yards with two touchdowns and six interceptions.

He was signed by Cincinnati on April 30 to compete with Casey Bramlet, a seventh-round draft pick out of Wyoming, and free agent rookie Scott Rislov for the No. 3 quarterback job.

Carson Palmer is the Bengals' starter with Jon Kitna as the backup.

They did not sign him. They pick him up off waivers. They brought him in after seeing he was available. I assume they were not impressed enough with him to pick up his contract that he had with the Falcons.

Pretty much exactly what Lewis said in his conference. Not a direct quote, but to the affect that he was somebody that we had reports on but I had never seen. After bringing him in and watching him, I'm comfortable with the guys we have and don't think he'll have an opportunity here. We're releasing him early so he'll have an opportunity somewhere else. etc. etc.

He was someone Lewis wanted to take a look at. He evidently wasn't going to be an upgrade over what we have so he sent him out the door. If he really wanted to save time, all he'd have had to do was read Chris' post .... he sorta nailed this one.

WTF was the point in signing this guy???  I've got to say lack of scouting Kittner made the Bungles sign him.

He didn't cost us anything you dumb b******. Marvin signed him so he could get a close look at him. Marvin got his look, didn't like what he saw and cut him. There was absolutely no effect on the salary cap.

Stop being so negative all the time, you sound like a whiny b***h.

WTF was the point in signing this guy???  I've got to say lack of scouting Kittner made the Bungles sign him.

He didn't cost us anything you dumb b******. Marvin signed him so he could get a close look at him. Marvin got his look, didn't like what he saw and cut him. There was absolutely no effect on the salary cap.

B) Next time, try something like " you strike me as being of questionable character and dubious lineage. Additionally, you seem to be prone to adolescent mood swings leading to pre pubescent outbursts."

Breaks down to pretty much the same thing ...... doesn't give billy anything to ***** out on you, and believe me will get the response from Barbarian that you seem to be going for.

:rolleyes: Just helping out where I can billy.

Hey Sponge, ya rookie--bring it in the "Smack Forum"!!! You're not going to like what you hear though.

I'm going to beat you down like the redheaded....nah, f**k it--just bring it.